Your "success" so far

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Trying to get "Selected Unit by Player". Any ideas?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
You can access the selected units through Get units in unit group, selected units for player, I suppose.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I wonder if there are leaks.

Blizz added an automatic deletion so that it keeps track of the objects, and when nothing else in the script references them, they will be deleted from the memory. However, only these types apply:
  • abilcmd
  • bank
  • camerainfo
  • marker
  • order
  • playergroup
  • point
  • region
  • soundlink
  • string
  • text
  • timer
  • transmissionsource
  • unitfilter
  • unitgroup
  • unitref
  • waveinfo
  • wavetarget

The rest need to be destroyed with their corresponding native.

>Trying to get "Selected Unit by Player". Any ideas?
Maybe try:
JASS:
native unitgroup    UnitGroupSelected (int inPlayer);

Or maybe run a loop through the existing units:
JASS:
native bool         UnitIsSelected (unit inUnit, int inPlayer);

But that would probably be a bit ugly. :p

Renendaru

Reaction score
Transferring data from map to another, which works in multiplayer maps. Native stat saving anyone?

Use "-save <insert message here>" to save the string. "-load" to recall it. Restarting the map/restarting your computer will not lose it.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Game - Map initialization
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Bank - Open bank &quot;Savedata&quot; for player 1
      • Variable - Set Bank = (Last opened bank)
      • Bank - Preload and synchronize bank &quot;Savedata&quot; for player 1

^ Must be done to set your bank up, preloading is for multiplayer only.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Game - Player Any Player types a chat message containing &quot;-save &quot;, matching Partially
    • Local Variables
      • Untitled Variable 001 = (Entered chat string) &lt;String&gt;
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Bank - Store string (Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) as &quot;1&quot; of section &quot;1&quot; in bank Bank
      • Bank - Save bank Bank

Banks must be saved before the game is exited/restarted, or the bank will not cross over to other maps, yet will still act as a pseudo hashtable.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001 2
    • Events
      • Game - Player Any Player types a chat message containing &quot;-load&quot;, matching Exactly
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Bank - Open bank &quot;Savedata&quot; for player 1
      • General - Custom Script: gv_string = BankValueGetAsString (gv_bank, &quot;1&quot;, &quot;1&quot;);
      • Debug - Display (Text(string)) as debug output using Type 1, and Do display it in the game window

Had to use custom script for loading the data as the GUI equivalent is not yet there it seems.

^ Err... Nevermind on that message, they're just sneaky. Have to search for them within "function > Bank > Load X value"...

Attachments

• Banks.zip
    30.1 KB · Views: 233

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
someone please explain how integer loops work in this.. it makes no sense to me

(unless its just that the converted GUI looks ugly) but i dont have the editor open right now but it was like...

if (1>0||1==10 && 1<0) {
while (lv_i < 10) {

(trying to do a integer i 0 to 10 loop)

(i freehanded that by memory when i only saw the thing for like 20 seconds so its probably wrong)

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
uh oh... now im going to have to waste endless hours entertaining myself with all the first and third person mechanics Sc2 has to offer. >.<

i can already forsee myself joining a team looking to make a decent shooter. O.O

buga6138

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • UI - Player 1 clicks Left mouse button Down.
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Zuk&#039;rah [109.25, 33.00] to ( Move targeting (Point((Mouse X position clicked in the world), (Mouse Y position clicked in the world)))) (Replace Existing Orders)
      • Environment - Create a Small Protoss explosion at (Point((Mouse X position clicked in the world), (Mouse Y position clicked in the world)))

To move to the clicked position, effect is there so you can see where you clicked.

Where are you getting the "Move" command?

When I select Issue Order Actions, and in (Ability Command) there is no "Move" available for selection

edit: also, how are did you change "Target Type" to "Point" when selecting Ability Command? it is grayed out for me
edit2: nvm, i figured it out.. it was a pesky parenthases

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
A lot of things are confusing for me at the moment, I'm sure I'll get used to it... Anyway, has anyone noticed that you can't change the scale of the model in the data editor? So I can't make mega Drones :(

sLsIDK

Reaction score
Transferring data from map to another, which works in multiplayer maps.

Can multiple players be in different maps at the same time? Meaning like a giant ORPG and people are running around to different portions of the map.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I do not know, it has not been tested. All I know is that you can transfer data through an xml between maps natively.

Edit: Found the issue in my attack trigger, no longer crashes.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
To attack a nearby unit using C, had to go through so much to find the value within the editor to turn auto-attack off.
Just look how the workers data fields are set-up and there you go.
Workers have turned-off auto attack.

Do banks work in multiplayer too? That would be the end of having to enter ridicolously long savecodes ...

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
As you can see from this picture, I've made a hero that can level up, has stats, and has an inventory. Needs a lot of work though.

. . . . :( Heey.. It seems like a big achievement to me. The data editor is 10x harder then triggers. :p

Attachments

• Screenshot014.Jpg
    Screenshot014.Jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 385

Daskunk

Reaction score
Pretty sweet. I've never liked making object data... :)
Right now, I set agility to give him movement and attack speed... Instead, when he gains an agility point he loses pretty much all of his stats.. o_O

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Data editor looks ridiculously complicated...

Daskunk

Reaction score
The Data editor looks ridiculously complicated...
"The data editor can literally edit all of the game files, . . ." -Blizzard

No crap.. Takes so many freaking steps to do the simplest things, and its so dis-organized and confusing. :p

Attachments

• Test Map Heros.zip
    94 KB · Views: 242

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Pretty much every object is attached to other objects in multiple ways. (Units themselves don't even have models!)

It would be nice if we managed to organize the objects and made an overview of which objects are linked to other ones.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.