Your "success" so far

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
With help from Daskunk, Zuk'rah now levels up, so yay. I also found out how to a change a unit's collision size.

Step 1: Select your unit in the data editor
Step 2: Click on the search box to the upper right, type in pathing footprint.
Step 3: Right click on it and say Modify value.
Step 4: Pick your collision size, but these are presets. From 1x1 to 8x8, I believe.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Man, I dont care how hard to learn the data editor is, if it really provides the freedom I am hoping for.

Btw, has someone already tried making LOTS of custom stats for heroes? Str Int Agi is for pussies ... I want more!

Yoshii

Reaction score
Daskunk can you post an example with hero stats? I found how to add them and give them bonus but I have no idea how to increase the number or change the array so they look like this currently

stats 1: 0(starting value)
stats 2: 0(starting value)
Stats 3: 0(starting value)

im trying to make it so for example if i type or do something then it increase by 1(no item stuff) and the effect change but i cant find a trigger that let me do this

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score

Code:
void libJ4FP_gf_Apply (int lp_player, unit lp_character) {
    // Implementation
    libJ4FP_gv_character[lp_player] = lp_character;
    libJ4FP_gv_playerSmoothTimer[lp_player] = libJ4ST_gf_NewSmoothTimer(libJ4FP_gt_Periodic, lp_player);
    CameraPan(lp_player, UnitGetPosition(lp_character), 0.0, -1, 10, false);
    CameraSetValue(lp_player, c_cameraValueDistance, 0.01, 0.0, -1, 10);
    CameraSetValue(lp_player, c_cameraValueNearClip, UnitGetPropertyFixed(lp_character, c_unitPropRadius, c_unitPropCurrent), 0.0, -1, 10);
    CameraSetValue(lp_player, c_cameraValueHeightOffset, UnitGetPropertyFixed(lp_character, c_unitPropHeight, c_unitPropCurrent), 0.0, -1, 10);
    CameraSetValue(lp_player, c_cameraValuePitch, 0.0, 0.0, -1, 10);
    CameraForceMouseRelative(lp_player, true);
    CameraSetMouseRotates(lp_player, true);
    libJ4FP_gf_ReleaseAllKeys(lp_player);
}

Jesus,

If you turn on Camera relative mode and lock it to a unit (just doing a quick GUI test map)
the screen rotates counterclockwise when you move your mouse to the right
and clockwise when you move it to the left.

your control is opposite, if you move your mouse to the right, you see more of the right area of the map

in your 1st person map, what line or lines of code is responsible for making the mouse operate opposite like a 1st person should?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can code directly in Galaxy in the editor.
It's a silly solution, but make a custom script action in a trigger:
JASS:
return true; }

/////////////////////////////////////////

< Your Code >

////////////////////////////////////////

bool aaa () {

You'll need to call any functions from another trigger below that one. I suggest making a 'Main' function or something.

Native List extracted from the MPQ.

Also, the trigger debugging window looks interesting. :p

Renendaru

Reaction score
So... I found out that we'll be able to create custom pathing, within the editor, even fractal squares. But, I have no idea how to get it to work. It will be applied, but the unit loses the ability to move, and sometiems the collision effect won't even be applied.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Daskunk can you post an example with hero stats? I found how to add them and give them bonus but I have no idea how to increase the number or change the array so they look like this currently

stats 1: 0(starting value)
stats 2: 0(starting value)
Stats 3: 0(starting value)

im trying to make it so for example if i type or do something then it increase by 1(no item stuff) and the effect change but i cant find a trigger that let me do this
Under behaviors, edit the ability that makes the hero unit level up (Presuming you've already done that) and edit Veterancy Levels. Down near the bottom of the values of the levels, you can edit Attribute changes to make the hero gain a certain amount of your stat each level.

IDK how to add stats by trigger, as I haven't tried yet. But this sounds like it might work: Unit - Add Charge Used of 1.0 "" For Hero Unit [16.79, 116.33] Agility (My custom Stat)

To get it to look that way once you find the action (Try searching for Behavior in the search box), under Source click the Value Radio button. Attributes, as well as buffs, are selectable. But I have no idea if this really adds some to the stat or not.

Yoshii

Reaction score
thanks i got it to work das; dont need to do the radio button stuff
edit: cant get it to work with a trigger tho

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
This is my success so far. It's looking pretty good. Control a drone from first person. WSAD/E. The jump doesn't yet take cliff height into account.

Edit: Updated. This is actually giving a nice feel to what it's like to be a lone drone on a far away planet... :D

Attachments

• Mod.zip
    582.6 KB · Views: 331

Arkless

Reaction score
This is my success so far. It's looking pretty good. Control a drone from first person. WSAD/E. The jump doesn't yet take cliff height into account.

Edit: Updated. This is actually giving a nice feel to what it's like to be a lone drone on a far away planet... :D

orl y? you feel like being controlled by an overmind while playing that ? :thup:

Arkless

Reaction score
Hmm, so I managed something too...: ^^

edit: shoot with s and move with arrow keys

Attachments

• blubb31.zip
    217.3 KB · Views: 307

Arkless

Reaction score
great! is there anyway to shoot?

btw: what deos Param mean and where all all the buttons for in your screen :p

hmm, it's not finished, but forgetting the shoot description kinda fails :3

you can shoot with s thought ^^ (but dont expect too much, there is only one type of enemies.. dumb zealots)

edit: btw. the buttons are for displaying stuff <.< left side shows weapon dialogs (kinda crappy, didnt take my time to fill em properly) right side shows new weapons and upgrades the moment you aquire em
later on you will be able to look through all the messages you already got (on the right side) with the < and > buttons and the last button will get you to the most recent one

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
And... How does it work?

You just place a chunk of water, and then use the lower/raise tool where you want your water to be, or the cliff down one. And then adjust the height of the water to match your terrain declination. After that you just adjust your terrain and it looks nice an crisp in-game.

Smaller water chunks would be nice... or the ability to delete the remainder of the chunk that we're not using.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Found that out within 5 seconds of using it, haha. Lighting is very important in this game, as I posted in one thread. Changing the lighting and water type swaps the entire emotion of the terrain. o.o

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm, so I managed something too...: ^^

edit: shoot with s and move with arrow keys
Very nice work. Amazing how well the new UI interface buttons/menues work.
Can't wait to use em too.

PS: Don't know if you already tested your map in Bnet ... I did some minutes ago and it seemed that the Delay on Keypress events is rather very small compared to WC3. However, you can still "feel" the difference between solo and multiplayer in terms of reaction speed. But I feel like finally FPS styled games are possible, even in bnet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.