Your "success" so far

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I've been continuously working on Helper Bound and..... for some reason, my triggers keep bugging :( It seems turning off a trigger that registers unit death and then killing a unit while that trigger is off then turning that trigger back on after killing said unit does not work. It still fires that trigger...
Maybe the event is to much slow, like here.
If that's true then it's incredibly lame.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
So... Got a baneling to not show its hp bar, be invisble, have no sound on death, and hit one unit... Then, got it to spawn when a unit was within melee range of my dark templar, after the attack went down, with its own attack speed internally.

Alert system is still in progress... But my custom attack system is down, finally.

Attachments

• Blahz.zip
    354.8 KB · Views: 284

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Bump.

Experimenting with cameras in a bit, will report back later.

wingdnosring

Reaction score
Not much yet. I've only been playing aorund with it for about 4 hours. So far, I've managed to get a unit to attack (in direction you're aiming with trigger controlled projectiles) when left clicking, allowed the user to aim up, down, left and right via Arrow Keys (would like to make this based on mouse movement..how do I go about that?).

The best part of it though is that I set the whole thing up for an endless supply of weapons. I have bullet speed variables, damage, ammo type, weapon type, weapon damage, explosive vs non-explosive (in progress), and semi vs bolt vs auto fire. When I'm done this will be one hell of an efficient third person shooter baseline. I've also made it MUI and it enables each player to control a squad instead of one unit. I actually have a goal in mind...I started the concept on a project not long ago that this will fit into

But I have a question: anything we make with the beta editor can still be worked on once the official release gets installed, right?

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
My latest Efforts involved Creating an SCV that could jump cliffs,Attack air and ground targets with different weapons. It's melee weapon deals 100 bonus dmg to Biological,Light,Ground units.It also has life and shield steel and a Seeker missile clone.The SCV has Shields.

Also i modified a Hellion to have a similar weapon to the auto turret and gave it the ability to move while shooting.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
For the Move While Shooting, is that a simple check box in the unit editor?

Kildare

Reaction score
This is a demo video of my space war project "Earth Defense Force". Enjoy! =D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LODa7C4l_9c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LODa7C4l_9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Watch the video in highest resolution for better view. =)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
For the Move While Shooting, is that a simple check box in the unit editor?

not really it's slightly complicated than that.

Also Some abilities are simple to copy onto other units. While Other abilities will give you hell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.