Your WTF Moments

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
What is YOUR WTF moment of the year?

Post it here so we can all [del]lulz at you[/del] er... have fun.

Here's mine:

For the first time in all of MOC's history, the magical.... ness that is L.A.R.P. will be brought to it's students.

For those of you who do not know what L.A.R.P. is or would like to know more about it, I suggest that you visit the following website: www.larp.com

As you've probably already guessed, S.W.O.R.D. is in fact an acronym. If you have not already guessed what it is, I would be honored to spell it out for you.

S chool
W ide
O rganization of
R oyal
D uels

That's right, pretty sweet huh? I'll take the time now to thank Toby for coming up with this beautiful acronym. Carrying on.

The Idea:

Our hopes are to gather up a fair amount of students from our high school (no matter the grade level) and give them a chance to duke it out with foam swords and shields. Not only will this give people a chance to gather together, but it gives everyone a chance to meet people from other grades and get some exercise while they're at it.

The Countries:

As of now, we are planning on having 4 countries and all participaters will be placed in one of these countries. When battle time comes, the nations will fight against each other and the last standing country wins the round. Simple enough right?

The Hows and Whens:

At some point during this school year, sign up papers will be hung around the school. If you wish to partake in a S.W.O.R.D. fight, that is your chance to make it known. When everyone that wants to is signed up, the Council of Nine will split up everyone into the four countries and these line ups will be posted as soon as possible.

Though this is currently how we plan everything to go, they are subject to change.

Equipment:

Any kind of weapon that you can think of is allowed as long as it is 1) A non projectile based weapon (bows, javelins) and 2) made of some kind of foamy material so no real damage is done to your poor victim.

If you want to know how to make a cheap, easy sword, there are plenty of good videos on youtube that can show you how.

Shields and armor are allowed but the armor itself will give no special protection. They shield may be used to block blows though.

Your weapons may be of any length or size, just realize that the bigger it is, the faster you will tire and the slower your attacks.

More information dealing with rules and times and other specifics will be posted as soon as possible. If you have any questions, make a thread and I'll try to answer it. And invite your friends! The more people we have the more kick ass S.W.O.R.D. will be.

Apparently people from my school are setting up a LARP. >_>

I'm a nerd, but this is just weird XD

NOTE: YOU'LL GET NOTHING IN RETURN FOR YOUR POSTS WHATSOEVER

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Last night when it was dark out, me and 4 friends went over to one of my friends house and into his basement. We made it pitch black so you couldn't see anything (Not even your hand in front of your face) (It gets better, and not gay don't worry) And then did the greatest "sport" ever, Boxing in the dark. Such a sketchy feeling. Only got the white flash once, someone ended up with a split lip, and one with a black eye. My pinky/palm is bruised from a bad punch. Best moment, I randomly charge into the middle, do a spinning back fist. Connect with someone, and all you hear is "What The Fu**"
Funniest thing in a long time

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
My WTF moment was when I saw a knight suited in armor hit a fat German child with a peppered sausage. I remember, when I was it I was like WTF knight? Don't hit fat children with peppered sausages. That's prejudice and shit....

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I was in vacation in Tokyo and this chick on the subway, very normal looking actually, got on her knees and started licking the floor. I was like WTF lady why are you licking the floor, it's dirty.. not as dirty as US subways, though.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Hm, a recent WTF moment I had was when I was driving into town on a four lane highway and as I was just entering the city limits I see this car just sitting in the middle of the left lane completely on its side as if the wind blew the car sideways when it was turning. To this day, I still haven't figured out how it could have possibly happened on a 70mph highway and why no one seemed to really be dumbfounded by the anomaly and just kept on driving while the car just sat there on its left side for who knows how long.

Another WTF moment was when my step dad had just bough a GPS for his car and we were testing it out but as we were on that same 70mph highway heading home we were both kind of looking at the GPS when all of a sudden a big ass deer appears in the middle of the lane in broad daylight with no trees or woods near and manage to just barely dodge it by less than a foot.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
I was watching a animated comedy with my dad, i think it was ice age. And ice age is supposed to be slightly kid friendly with crude humor in it. But during the previews. There was this preview for a gory horror movie. Im like "wtf, THIS IS A KID MOVIE"

Another one. i was watching GI Joe. and some parents were talking about the movie and if its right for their kids, (7-9)

Mother: Whats the rating?
Dad: PG-13
Mother: For what?
Dad: hmhgmh (im guessing he said, or mumbled, scenes of sexuality), and some violence.

Wtf moment: Get your freaking kids out of here man.

Another one.
During lunch at school i had to go through the gym so i could get to the kitchen and my friend went with me so he could get some spoons for the cabinet. While i was turned talking to him. He looked past me and said "look out", i turned around and got hit in the face by a kickball, i didnt have time to say wtf.

Another one.
G.I. Joe premiere, i was sitting behind some fat people, and this one lady poured all of this butter on the popcorn.. and the popcorn already had a crapload of butter on it

Another one.
I was playing pool with my friend when he bounced the Que ball and it hit me in the balls.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
A good thing I follow my rule of thumb: Never bounce balls. Especially if they're not yours.

Apparently were trying to share our bad humor.

My what the fuck moment would be when I logged in Wednesday and found this bad forum fad floating around.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I was riding my motorcycle around one time with some friends and we came up to a stoplight we were going to take a right at. While in the right lane, I went to go and then suddenly my back tire slipped on something and I turned almost completely sideways. At that moment, my buddy comes on our intercom ( we have them so we can talk ) and says "Oh, I see you want to play some Mario Kart" ). I look down and see that I was almost taken out by a banana peel. Didn't know they were that slippery really. :D

DreamZ

Reaction score
I was riding my motorcycle around one time with some friends and we came up to a stoplight we were going to take a right at. While in the right lane, I went to go and then suddenly my back tire slipped on something and I turned almost completely sideways. At that moment, my buddy comes on our intercom ( we have them so we can talk ) and says "Oh, I see you want to play some Mario Kart" ). I look down and see that I was almost taken out by a banana peel. Didn't know they were that slippery really. :D

LMFAO THATS FUCKiNG CLASSIC

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
"Oh, I see you want to play some Mario Kart" ). I look down and see that I was almost taken out by a banana peel. Didn't know they were that slippery really. :D
Well, at least now you know lol... Don't ever trust a banana peel when you drive.. hehe

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Don't ever trust a banana peel... Ever ;o

Be like walking along the side walk. SLIP! Fall straight on your face break your face. ;o

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.