Technology YouTube Experienced Widespread Technical Problems Playing Videos

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
UPDATED: YouTube users in multiple regions around the world encountered issues in playing videos on the site Wednesday for more than an hour.

The platform’s TeamYouTube account acknowledged the problems in a Twitter post. “If you’re having trouble watching videos on YouTube right now, you’re not alone — our team is aware of the issue and working on a fix. We’ll follow up here with any updates,” it tweeted at 7:23 p.m. ET.

Nearly two hours later, TeamYouTube said service had been restored: “And we’re back — we’re so sorry for the interruption. This is fixed across all devices & YouTube services, thanks for being patient with us,” the account tweeted, adding a red heart emoji.

Reached for comment, a Google spokesperson said they did not have additional details about the outage.

According to monitoring site DownDetector, user-reported YouTube problems began spiking at around 7 p.m. ET. The issues appeared most acute in the Northeast U.S., the U.K. and Western Europe, as well as in Mexico, Australia and South America. Around 95% of the issues reported were with watching videos, per DownDetector.

Complaints about problems on YouTube peaked around 7:23 p.m. ET before they substantially tapered off by 8:30 p.m., according to DownDetector.

Read more here. (Variety)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    what is up buddy
  • jonas jonas:
    thanks for the tip, that sounds cool. Never heard about the VCS before but seems like it should be a good match
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The winter vacation left a toll on me. I missed staying up late and sleeping in late.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    i haven't looked into it yet
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    If I could use something Python compatible it would save me some learning
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    But Unity might be easiest
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    looking at old posts here makes me happy. Makes me be all like "wow I was pretty smart in 2009"
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    mostly failing at life through adulthood really demotivated me for a while
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    ....what I don't get is why the fuck they would force us to permanently convert to a version of the game everyone fucking hated : \
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    Raid Shadow Legends texture pack smh
  • jonas jonas:
    Most people fail at life throughout their adulthood. Sometimes we get to learn from it. Usually it just feels like crap.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What does not kill you makes you stronger is what they say
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    for real! :cool:
  • Varine Varine:
    Are we still on the topic of failing? I failed lots!
  • jonas jonas:
    If you ever want to talk about it we're here. The way I see it, you're still around. That required a few very difficult successes if you ask me:)
  • Varine Varine:
    I posted a thing here a while ago about my failures if it makes you feel better to hear about other people failing. Drugs and whatnot, I had a lot more fun than was healthy. I'm still a failure, but very few of us actually get to be the self made billionaire. Luck is the only thing that will take you as far as already having money a lot of the time, and the easiest way to get catch that is with a very wide net and the willingness to let other things loose.
  • Varine Varine:
    Have fun, do your best, something about Edison's light bulb not working until he stole it.
  • jonas jonas:
    Eh. Don't define success as being a billionaire or even millionaire. Success is about overcoming your personal challenges. And if you can get to a place in life where you can love yourself, that is winning it big time
  • jonas jonas:
    Being a billionaire probably sucks, you can't go out in public like a random person anymore and you always need a bunch of big guys following you around discreetly
  • jonas jonas:
    And you'll never know if anyone you know really likes you or is just seeing you as a big money sack
  • jonas jonas:
    Most of the best fun I've ever head was with a group of friends eating pizza or drinking a good 10$ bottle of wine, when I had maybe 100$ on my account. Or the time when I was so broke, my friends visited me with bags of ingredients and I cooked for us, because I didn't have money to buy ingredients anymore
  • jonas jonas:
    Or walking with my then-fiancee through the night until dawn, just talking
    UGHHH, I truly missed the GameStop frenzy that's happening for the past 2 weeks.
    I see someone invested $53K in $0.20/share, then get a 163000+% return of $43 million.

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome