Zealot Frenzy

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I have been hopelessly addicted to footman frenzy ever since tomes were removed from the early wc3 versions. Now I know this isn't a very balanced map, but I find that if you play your cards right you can have some fun games and up your win % quite a bit. Anyone else here play it a lot like me?

I might be the only one here, but it never hurts asking. It's one of those guilty pleasures of mine :p

INCINERATE

Reaction score
and whats your opinions of footmen frenzy on war3 (balanced??) , golems stun is a much weaker version of tcs warstomp, Infestors Banish is a weaker version of bloodmages banish (if you refering to perma stun from ultimate) are you forgetting dino'dins own from war3? mass jamies stun lock is what the ability is based off....It was EVEN better on war3 footies cause it lasted longer on higher levels. AND by the way its Dispellable..... , Sentrys ultimate is the only one i would agree with, but the hero in general is balanced cause serebii is a complete glass cannon.

INCINERATE

Reaction score
you might be wondering why i ask, cause im the creator :p

well im glad you understand the great difficulty a map like this is to balance. I have big plans coming for it soon

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
I played v5.4. Fun game without any afkers or beginners on your team

INCINERATE

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even realize! :D I find it insanely addicting though. I got snowed in today and I've played maybe like 15 games. :p

Buff siege tank hp for me please (the mercs, not the skill one)! :)

And if you ever need some new icons or skins just hit me up. That's what I'm here for.

yea sure, ill give it an extra 100 hp or something .
Also try the action jackson instead ( the tank is the long range defense merc, while jackson is the long range offensive merc)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
i tried it, I think siege tanks are fine the way they are (they were never meant to be massed)

the like zerg with the long range stun + infestors for ultimate - those infestors EACH have their own 1.5 second stun, so like his long range 3 sec stun + 3 more seconds from those summons = long enough to kill anyone, but that person's tentacle ability - it sucks as it is since it pretty much stuns yourself

then I also played a game as nova (ghost) - she sucks compared to the normal ghost, her "stun" barely stuns, and the movement isn't really too useful, the clones are OK, but her other spells seem useless to the point where I don't even remember them

I don't really like the idea of upgrades that go away once you upgrade to better units, maybe some system where you still get the old spawn + you get a new one when you upgrade would make it better, or maybe race upgrades (like bonuses for zerg on creep that you can upgrade, or shields for protons, repair drones for terran, something like that - the "damage" and "armor" upgrades are OK but kinda bland by themselves)

and you should give a small bonus for "controlling" the center (as in if your team is the only one in the center (small radius near the center shop)), like 1 mineral for every second or something like that

and the range on the shops is so small! I can't even use all 4 shops (that are right next to each other) without moving between them - wtf?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
ah, now I remember - my main issue was that her 2 other spells do the same thing pretty much - they both capture enemy units (although the ulti has a small AOE.. it's still nowhere near as game-changing as an ultimate should be)

INCINERATE

Reaction score
thanks for some feedback.
About the upgrades for each tier, i went that way, cause it makes units feel more unique . ( i plan to bring in more tiers eventually, i just need the models! ) these tiers will be like how our footies on war3 own is . So its like a sc2 vrs war3 lol.

About nova = ill buff her, But i must say, you guys should check out mass charm late game . Its really strong. The pulse magnet was aimed mostly to be an AOE mana drain to all . Ill buff it a bit ( im currently sending all heroes to have level 6 abilities (almost done)

Nova is pretty good, check a real game situation here
-You have no army, you do your images (they all do damage), then you dominate a unit (that dominated unit gets quite strong), then you mass charm a group of units. So as whitesock said, you basically have an entire army right there from nothing. A good skill build for her is to max domination and mirror image first with every point put into charm ASAP.

@slapshot, nova doesnt have a stun :p,. Basically i designed pulse magnet like this ( you drain the energy from heroes or mercs, OR you do that pulse magnet first then do mass charm on top of it because units get squeezed in tightly , Your AOE charm can now get more units in it thanks to the magnet. That was the aim of it ( to also combo with the ultimate) Ill buff the sucking/energy draining power of it

quote [and the range on the shops is so small! I can't even use all 4 shops (that are right next to each other) without moving between them - wtf?]

Its like this at the base shops because im trying to prevent enemy heroes from buying stuff at your own shop ( i have cool-downs specifically tailored for each team, you will notice that no enemy hero can enter your shop area) If the range is increased, The enemy heroes can steal your ultimate claws item for e.g, and then you will have to wait really long for the cooldown.

What i have coming soon?
-All heroes getting 6 levels of standard abilities ( cant max them all anymore, so you got to decided which levels go to 6 .That encourages strategy cause hero level cap is staying at 18)
-A hitpoint upgrade for all your troops ( to fare better against increased damage of abilities)
-a new item( sceptor of destruction) Basically the late game version of the sceptor. Costs 1500 and channels for 3 seconds before releasing.
-Revamping the hero bounty . Depends on level of hero on death (higher level heroes will give more mineral bounty than lower level heroes)

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Since you're here:
The only thing that annoys me is that you can't see the shops without having a hero near them.
I know it's sc2 mechanics but if you could find a work around that would be great.

Really nice map :)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I haven't used the sc2 editor much, but in wc3 it would be rather simple to prevent unwanted heroes from using the shops just by hiding them via a visibility blocker and giving the "proper" team visibility there, can't you just do something like that?

also another thing that has been bothering me - if you leave autohealing on a medic, and tell it to hold position, it won't hold its position - it will chase after injured units

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.