Skin Zerg Creep Ground Texture

D

DragonHunter

Small history about my texture-project...
As I have mentioned yesterday in my http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81276 thread, I am making a type of LoaM (Life of a Marine) map, but trying to do better. Terran, Zerg, AND Protoss will be located in it... nevertheles back to the topic.

I was disappointed at all the types of Zerg Creep textures I found (one actually XD), and it didn't work either, so I decided to make my own. This is the first texture I have ever made, but I impressed myself, so I figured someone might want to use this in the future.

Texture: Zerg Creep
Here it is:

If you're dissappointed, or want to see in-game screenshots of the Creep...
Picture 1:

Click to see full resolution.

Picture 2:

Click to see full resolution.

In-game, this will look much better, trust me :)
[/SPOILER]

Paths (for blight):
- Ashenvale Blight = TerrainArt\Blight\Ashen_Blight.blp
- Barrens Blight = TerrainArt\Blight\Barrens_Blight.blp
- Cave Blight? = TerrainArt\Blight\Cave_Blight.blp
- Felwood Blight = TerrainArt\Blight\Felwood_Blight.blp
- G_Blight? = TerrainArt\Blight\G_Blight.blp
- Lordaeron Fall B. = TerrainArt\Blight\Lordf_Blight.blp
- Lordaeron Summer B. = TerrainArt\Blight\Lords_Blight.blp
- Lordaeron Winter B. = TerrainArt\Blight\Lordw.Blight.blp
- Northrend Blight = TerrainArt\Blight\North_Blight.blp
- Village Fall = TerrainArt\Blight\VillageFall_Blight.blp
- Village & Cityscape Blight = TerrainArt\Blight\Village_Blight.blp

If the background transparency doesn't work for that, you'll just have to add one, and convert this to .BLP, OR download from the attached file. Both .bmp and .blp format versions of the texture are there. Enjoy!!!

EDIT: Updated just now. Added a more "3D" look by adding black lines where appropriate, adding a look as if Creep was actually ON land, not part of it, and change the edges to look better.

Attachments

• ZergCreep.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 416

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On the "in action" screenshot, why is it so there are green spots on the ground like if it was blight? I understand it is based off it, but it isn't blight :)

D

DragonHunter

On the "in action" screenshot, why is it so there are green spots on the ground like if it was blight? I understand it is based off it, but it isn't blight :)

Yes, that has nothing to do with the texture

Btw, do you know how/if it would be possible to remove those :p?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Nice one you got there only the screenshot isn't good. And by the way, if you base it into another texture then the blight things will be useless, like where the undead can build, and where undeads regenerate.

D

DragonHunter

In the future I might possibly change the edges of the Zerg creep, to enhance the looks, but I won't add (at least i think so) more random creep tiles, for the sake of file space.

And ty, if anyone has any feedback/suggestions on what to change, let me know, I might do that.

PS: Is there anything that can be done about those "white lines" at the edges of the creep? I never added them, but I see they're there :p
PS2: Figured out that those lines are just to make the creep blend it with nearby tiles.

This was allready made way back in 2004, lol... Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/skins/847/

Blends in with nearbly terrian better than yours I think..

GJ anyways.

Yes, there is another one (just noticed that was the one used in LoaM. HOWEVER, there is one significant difference between mine and that one. That one [creep] basically sinks into the ground, or underground; mine, on the other hand, looks as if it was located ON the ground, just like it was in starcraft. I added those black lines around the creep to "enhance" the 3d effect of being ON the ground.

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
It looks a lot the same, there's to much returning. Next time you make a tileset try to have some more difference.
Furthermore compared to the one on hiveworkshop and some pictures on google to see what the terrain was supposed to look like (never played starcraft:p) it seems very decent. Well done.

And btw, if you need some other tilesets for your LoaM map I have in my big big big directory under warcraft some space tilesets, including a space tileset, an asteroid tilsets and a metal floor (inside spaceship) tileset, last two include cliffs. If you are interested just tell me, note though I did not make them.

D

DragonHunter

Yes, it's pretty difficult making creep that is different from the others, yet as similar to starcraft creep as possible at the same time :p

Randor244

Reaction score
Ok, here's my opinion:

Its really good, just two things would need to be changed:

Even more of a 3d look of the borders,and the most important, use a larger tile image. The one you uses now is very quickly repeating itself.

Other than that I think its really good.

D

DragonHunter

Ok, here's my opinion:

Its really good, just two things would need to be changed:

Even more of a 3d look of the borders,and the most important, use a larger tile image. The one you uses now is very quickly repeating itself.

Other than that I think its really good.

Yes, I was thinking of that too. By the time I'm done with my map (or not), if there's leftover space, I'll change that, and I'm sure I should have enough space.

Any suggestions on how to make the borders more 3d? i was thinking to make the inner part of black line slightly lighter than the outer one, making that look like shadows, and the creep beneath would more like its under the top layer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.