Zerg Got Cannon Rushed... but won luckily!

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I won! :D

How lucky, I thought I was going to lose, I was so ready to surrender, but then I saw my minerals; 4000. I immediately built hatcheries all over the map, good thing he didn't expand over the economic advantage he had over me.

Anyway, I hope you don't get too bored, I was panicking when he started up to the 20th minute.

:p

Attachments

• Zerg Got Cannon Rushed [Zerg Winner].SC2Replay
    53.4 KB · Views: 226

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Can I ask what you were doing with 4000 minerals in the first place..?

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Oh, since he was putting like 10 photon cannons around my base, I had to use hydralisks to attack since zerglings weren't helping much but be meat shields. I was panicking! I didn't know what to do lol, never been under that much pressure. XD

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
The 4000 minerals in store probably put you in that situation too.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Lol yeah, I guess I should've gotten the metabolic boost and got 50+ cracklings.

Anyone watched it?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That Protoss definitely over invested in that cannon rush... while he had you in your base (with only 1 expo) he should have been expanding and pumping out Zealots and Stalkers. You would have easily gotten owned. It's good that you won because a tactic as bad as his doesn't deserve any victories...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
That was one of the worst protoss players I ahve seen in a while. First of all you must be an idiot to try and cannonrush a zerg.... furthermore, after he had seen your first hydra's he should have teched to either chargelots or more then 2 DT's. Then you would have easaly got owned. Cheese is cheese, he deserved to loose.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I was wondering how come I haven't lost. Oh well, I used to cheese a lot, just to get to silver league faster than normal. :p

That was one of the worst protoss players I ahve seen in a while. First of all you must be an idiot to try and cannonrush a zerg.... furthermore, after he had seen your first hydra's he should have teched to either chargelots or more then 2 DT's. Then you would have easaly got owned. Cheese is cheese, he deserved to loose.

Why is it stupid to cannon rush a zerg? Sorry, I don't know why, and how to easily counter it.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Why is it stupid to cannon rush a zerg? Sorry, I don't know why, and how to easily counter it.
My guess would be that you can't warp in structures on creep, so the cannons will (at best) just limit your ability to move around, and not kill you.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>uh he's beginner, that's what he was doing

You make it sound as if it is a bad thing...

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Heh, some guy tried to do a spine crawler rush against me in some random 2v2 game today.

It might have worked better if I hadnt spotted and killed it with my drones before his lings arrived. My drones also outnumbered those lings pretty nicely so he couldnt really harras me till I got few of my own crawlers up to protect my mining operations.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
1 creep tumor- no more cannons.

Wow, thanks, I would have never thought of that.

> Why is it stupid to cannon rush a zerg? Sorry, I don't know why, and how to easily counter it.
My guess would be that you can't warp in structures on creep, so the cannons will (at best) just limit your ability to move around, and not kill you.

Yes, I had 4,000 minerals, and I was bronze league back then. I was noob, and I always had this thing about just massively spending minerals, I would never want to spend and end up with reserve larvae. I think it's kind of OCD, and it'll ruin my game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.