Arena Zombie Invasion

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
titled.png

The Marine Squad emergancy landed on this abandoned military base, and the only thing left standing in the base, is a energy generator. The marines discovered to thier fear that the reason this base was abandoned was that this was an old biotechnical lab which have discovered a disease which turned organic material into living and hostile creatures, also known as zombies.

Fight your way through masses of zombies each round until the generator in the center of the base have generated enough energy to emit a shockwave which will keep off the zombies for a while, leaving behind minerals which can be used for various things, such as upgrading your abilities, weapon, armor and purchasing items at the generator for your survival

Terrain
terrain4.png

terrain2.png
terrain3.png
terrain1.png

Abilities so far;
Rocket Boots
The marine uses his rocket boots to jump across the battlefield and escape danger.
abilityrocketboots.jpg
Bullet Rain
Shots a cone of bullets in a targeted direction piercing through all enemy units getting hit making them suffer heavy damage.
abilitybulletstorm.jpg
Molotov Cocktail
Throws a Molotov cocktail at a targeted location setting it on fire and deals periodic damage to all enemy units within the fire.
abilitymolotovcocktail.jpg
Artillery Strike
Calls in an artillery strike dealing damage and stuns all enemy units within the targeted area.
abilityartillery.jpg
Explosive Round
The marine loads his gun with a highly explosive round which explodes upon impact, dealing heavy damage and stuns all enemy units in range of explosion.
abilityexplosiveround2.jpg
abilityexplosiveround.jpg
Sentry Gun
Sets up an immobile Sentry Gun to attack enemies.
abilitysentrygun2.jpg
abilitysentrygun.jpg
Drone
Releases a drone to defend the marine, the drone will not be attacked, and is flying around the marine attacking on its own

~Screenshot Incoming~
Additional Screenshots
THESE ARE FROM VERSION 0.2

Collecting Minerals

collectminerals.jpg

Items
itembarricade.jpg
itemlandmine.jpg
itemhealingspark.jpg

Upgrades
upgradeabilities.jpg
upgradearmor.jpg
upgradearmor.jpg
upgraderange.jpg

Fighting Scenes
fightingscene1.jpg
fightingscene2.jpg

Barricades in use
fightingscene3.jpg
fightingscene4.jpg

Reported bugs, glitches, advice or feedback in general will be appreciated (and +rep'ed):D

Changelog
vBeta0.1
- Beta Released
vBeta0.2
- Added up to 16 levels
- New spell: Sentry Gun
- New item: Dragonhide Armor
- Added more levels to abilitys
- Added resource bounty for zombie kills
- Bug fixes
v0.3
- Brand new terrain!
- New spell: Drone
- Added resource sharing when picking up minerals
- Sellect upgrade units with arrow keys
- Ability system added, there have been set standard abilitys and additional abilitys, which are purchaseable
- Zombies will not hit you if you are out of thir attack range when they reach out for you
- Bug fixes

I'm currently looking for someone who can handle the triggering part of my map, I'm not very good at it, and I work in GUI (especially in coding spells such as jump spells and similar)
I'm taking care of the object editor and terrain, but having someone fixing the triggers for me would be nice :)

Attachments

• ZIvBeta0.2.w3x
    576.1 KB · Views: 323
  • p-ZIv0.3.w3x
    935.2 KB · Views: 325

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
titled.png

You are the last of the Marine force at the old keep, as the last of your group you fight for your survival, and to do so, you need to kill all the invading zombies whose only goal is to kill you and feast on your flesh.

As marines you are privileged with some very powerful abilities and weapons, and the key to survival is to make the way through masses of zombies for 3 minutes each round using all you got. After each round the generator in the center of the keep will emit a huge shockwave which will kill all the zombies in the map, leaving behind minerals which can be used for various things, such as upgrading your abilities, weapon, armor and purchasing items at the generator for your survival.

At the moment there are only 7 levels and really no variety between them (besides the increasing damage and hp of the zombies).

I’ve made 5 abilities so far;
Rocket Boots
The marine uses his rocket boots to jump across the battlefield and escape danger.
(Screenshot incoming)
Bullet Rain
Shots a cone of bullets in a targeted direction piercing through all enemy units getting hit making them suffer heavy damage.
(Screenshot incoming)
Molotov Cocktail
Throws a Molotov cocktail at a targeted direction setting it on fire and deals periodic damage to all enemy units within the fire.
(Screenshot incoming)
Artillery Strike
Calls in an artillery strike dealing damage and stuns all enemy units within the targeted area.
(Screenshot incoming)
Explosive Round
The marine loads his gun with a highly explosive round which explodes upon impact, dealing heavy damage and stuns all enemy units in range of explosion.
(Screenshot incoming)

Screenshots coming soon:thup:

Please note that this is one of the very first beta versions, and it will without doubt contain a lot of bugs, glitches, ect.
Solutions to bugs, glitches, advice or feedback in general will be appreciated (and +rep'ed):D

Rocket Boots

Bullet Rain

Molotov Cocktail
Throws a Molotov cocktail at a targeted direction setting it on fire and deals periodic damage to all enemy units within the fire.

Artillery Strike

Explosive Round

Is rocket boots like blink with kewl explosive effects?
Bullet rain like Blizzard except with bullets?
Molotov Cocktail like DotA Ogre Magi's Molotov Cocktail?
Artillery Strike is Flamestrike with stun included?
And is Explosive Round 1 single target or like berserk?

X-maul

Reaction score
he jumps - like as in a jump :b not blink
no, its more like shockwave
Molotov Cocktail like DotA Ogre Magi's Molotov Cocktail?
more like the liquid fire, or flame nova
Artillery Strike is Flamestrike with stun included?
nah not realy - it's more like uhm cluster rockets without channeling and from above.
And is Explosive Round 1 single target or like berserk?
No. It shots a bullet, and upon impact it exlodes - so its like a shockwave that explodes upon impact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version will be up soon, with several bug and tooltip fixes.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
We won't count as the killer for the explosive barrels? That makes little sense,
also You should give a 35% for zombies to drop minerals or so. And add upgrades to the barricades, every upgrade +2 armor and 100 hp, Should add a buyable "base" or headquarters that someone can build, 10k hp, 25 armor, attackable by zombie, costs 500 minerals, and add a Basic Turret that you can buy [For like the barricaded bases etc] and Barricades should be called Boxes because they practically are boxes.

X-maul

Reaction score
We won't count as the killer for the explosive barrels? That makes little sense
basically I could not find a way to find the killer of the barrel, and then i decided that it was fair as it is only in emergancy you should use it.
also You should give a 35% for zombies to drop minerals or so.
hmm... I've tried that, but it didnt work out very good, but could try it out again:)
And add upgrades to the barricades
y, have considered to make them have spiked baricades, will brainstorm on it.
every upgrade +2 armor and 100 hp
hmmm - y, I'll work on that.
Should add a buyable "base" or headquarters that someone can build, 10k hp, 25 armor, attackable by zombie, costs 500 minerals
hmm - y, maybe not that much hp, but I'll consider to make it possible to build a little HQ thing, possibly a little medic station which heals you.
and add a Basic Turret that you can buy [For like the barricaded bases etc]
hmmm - y, might create a turret, but the map was not intended to be a map where you build a heavy defended base, rather a destroyed base you should survive in.
Barricades should be called Boxes because they practically are boxes.
y ok, but as they are used as barricades I might use another model instead, boxes sounds more like a storrage, not an actual barricade/blockade.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your feedback :) +rep for your effort:thup:

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Looks cool :D I'll try it later when I have some free time :)

EDIT: Just so you know, on my browser, some of your pictures don't finish loading, don't know if that's my problem or something you should check out. I'm using an up to date firefox.

X-maul

Reaction score
Looks cool :D I'll try it later when I have some free time :)

EDIT: Just so you know, on my browser, some of your pictures don't finish loading, don't know if that's my problem or something you should check out. I'm using an up to date firefox.

Cool, thank you :)
hmm I use firefox too, and I can load all images :eek:

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Should add Attack to Sentry Guns so you can aim

Add special guns because you have armor

Why is it that Sentry Guns get targeted by zombies? Shouldn't be like that.

Dragonhide Armor should give extra armor

My barricades never got attacked when I summoned turret, should make zombies auto target barricade instead of turret.

Isn't it actually Artillery not Artilleri

Add an item thats like Ammo or something that gives attack speed.

Rocket Boots change description targeted location to 1000 of point or change it to area, I blinked somewhere like 500 range and it made me 1000.

Add a reminder so people know about Upgrades and Ability Upgrades

Make a Hero Pick instead of everyone being a marine; Sniper: Big Dmg slow Attack Speed, Medic; Average Everything Etc.

A way to get lives; like after every round

-Who

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Zombie survival maps are/were popular in the community I play with :p I might host it and play it after all my school assessment is completed.

X-maul

Reaction score
Add special guns because you have armor
uhmm? you might need to explain further?
Should add Attack to Sentry Guns so you can aim
you mean like you can set it to attack a direction and then it hits everything inside the line?
Why is it that Sentry Guns get targeted by zombies? Shouldn't be like that.
hmm, y i noticed that, I'm working on it atm
Dragonhide Armor should give extra armor
y, might give it armor :)
My barricades never got attacked when I summoned turret, should make zombies auto target barricade instead of turret.
yup, working on it.
Isn't it actually Artillery not Artilleri
ahh, yes it is :)
Add an item thats like Ammo or something that gives attack speed.
y, I have thought of that, but as I see it, it is very illogical that you can increase attack speed of your weapon, but i might add new weapons.
Rocket Boots change description targeted location to 1000 of point or change it to area, I blinked somewhere like 500 range and it made me 1000.
hmm? seems wierd to me :s - I usually gets moved to target location :s
do you just get moved 1000 in the targeted direction?
Add a reminder so people know about Upgrades and Ability Upgrades
y, I'm going to make a better description in the beginning and add hints
Make a Hero Pick instead of everyone being a marine; Sniper: Big Dmg slow Attack Speed, Medic; Average Everything Etc.
I'm still working on it, have thought of the sniper and medic, but I need to create the abilities first (Ideas are very welcome)
A way to get lives; like after every round
uhmm, y - that might be at bosses - but I'll brainstorm on it:thup:

Zombie survival maps are/were popular in the community I play with :p I might host it and play it after all my school assessment is completed.

Nice thank you, It might not be very balanced for multiplayer though /:
anyway thank you :)

X-maul

Reaction score
Like, add guns as machinegun, sniper, plasma rifle, etc.

No, I mean like so the turret can choose the target to attack; If theres like 1 unit attacking it, you can aim your turret to kill it.

Well, I got moved 1000 to target direction twice only :S out of 6 times.

A lot of ideas are at http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=156789

hmm, seems wierd to me:confused: I've tested it like 100 times and not one time that happened to me :( hmm - then i might need to check up on that ability - again -_-'

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
hmm, seems wierd to me:confused: I've tested it like 100 times and not one time that happened to me :( hmm - then i might need to check up on that ability - again -_-'

._. Edit: Couldn't find the Rocket Boot thing again
Btw you did Use them visely not Use them wisely at the cinematic beginning.

X-maul

Reaction score
._. Edit: Couldn't find the Rocket Boot thing again
Btw you did Use them visely not Use them wisely at the cinematic beginning.

hmm - I might just wait till I get more replies on that, or if it was fixed in some magic fancy way:rolleyes: btw ty for the typo fix :D

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
hmm - I might just wait till I get more replies on that, or if it was fixed in some magic fancy way:rolleyes: btw ty for the typo fix :D

First of all; it doesn't really affect gameplay as long as you don't rocket into a circle of zombies :p and np

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Bleh. Well, I hosted 0.20 today, and found it rather boring. Two of us jumped into the forests and practically stayed there forever, we left after Round 4 (Dragon thingies). It was too easy, or something. I dunno. Someone even said "maybe the author doesn't like challenges" :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.