Defense Zombies Attack

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Creating a map is like creating a website.

It needs to be userfriendly and be useable / playable by the lowest requirement possible to obtain most users.

If a site uses .bmp pictures that are 1-5 mb each and theres 5-10 of them, people will have left before one picture loads. (This is an extreme scenario, just to prove a point). People will mostly not wait more then 3-5 seconds for a website to load before just moving back (I usually don't stay for more then 2, I'm very impatient :D)
Also if the links makes no sense, are even missing or impossible to figure out, people will leave because they just can't be bothered in most cases.

If a map is to big, or requires to much, people will not be bothered playing it. It also have to be userfriendly (understandable by even newbies) to attrach as many people as possible.

DotA being the obvious exception due to the fact that it has the fame it has people are 'Forced' to download it to be able to play it. But then again, even DotA started as version 0.1, as were probably not a very large map back in the days when it was called "Defend of the Ancients" (Good ol' days hehe).

So putting a high requirement on a map would already there scare alot of people away, unfortunately for you if you made a good map that you would like people to play :)

Best Regards,
-Lindenkron

danpe

Reaction score
BUMP.

Ok first of all i update the map ALOT!
Please check the link to my website you can check Changes log and all..

And please help me reduce lag.

Go to the First Page To read about my map :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I'm afraid to download it...

reduce lag? Don't make it so there are more than 300 zombies at a time, lul.

Do you have to make your website have such a scary picture, heh.

EDIT:
I'm surprised to say this, but it's actually a pretty fun game. Seems like you put a lot of work into it. The heroes are like 95% all finished, the skills look good, but maybe you can get some custom skills.
The ideas are nice, like how you can call in help from the Humans, Elves, Dwarves, etc.
Lagging is a big issue. Instead of having like 100 weak zombies constantly, you can have like 50 stronger zombies. And for the zombies, don't just change their colors and sizes (but that is good too), change their models, so it doesn't get repetitive.
The terrain could use work. You don't really focus on the terrain at all since you're trying to fight hundreds of zombies coming at you :D but you should still try to make it look nicer.
So final suggestions: get more custom skills, work on the terrain, lower unit amount, edit zombies/models
Good job, :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

danpe

Reaction score
I'm afraid to download it...

reduce lag? Don't make it so there are more than 300 zombies at a time, lul.

Do you have to make your website have such a scary picture, heh.

EDIT:
I'm surprised to say this, but it's actually a pretty fun game. Seems like you put a lot of work into it. The heroes are like 95% all finished, the skills look good, but maybe you can get some custom skills.
The ideas are nice, like how you can call in help from the Humans, Elves, Dwarves, etc.
Lagging is a big issue. Instead of having like 100 weak zombies constantly, you can have like 50 stronger zombies. And for the zombies, don't just change their colors and sizes (but that is good too), change their models, so it doesn't get repetitive.
The terrain could use work. You don't really focus on the terrain at all since you're trying to fight hundreds of zombies coming at you :D but you should still try to make it look nicer.
So final suggestions: get more custom skills, work on the terrain, lower unit amount, edit zombies/models
Good job, :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Thank you very much :D
I will work on the terrain but the best part that makes the game fun is the amount of zombies hehe...

I updated the game last week with alot of changes...
You should have a look, there are still the same amount of zombies, but i reduced the lag ALOT! by using other people advices and it now works perfectly!

Please tell me more about what you think on the map :D thx

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Description = bad, very bad
whats with the PC requirments?
Terrain is naff
Is it worth releasing, maybe or maybe not...

tbh what makes this different from the thousand of zombies WC3 games out there already?

danpe

Reaction score
It's really diffrent then other zombie games,
Please try it out and then post a reply.

joohen

Reaction score
You need to improve on your terrain. SERIOUSLY. It sucked. Gameplay was okay...But could you add some interesting feature? Its kinda...erm...how do i say...plain. Yes plain. And, please don't make the map so laggy please? :p I can see you putting alot of efforts. +REP!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.