Zoom trigger problem

CrusherX

Greetings,

I've had this trigger configured and it somewhat works, however whenever I use it the camera zooms out and goes black, regardless of what value i type.

Also I made sure that ''player types -zoom '' with a space between -zoom so it isn't that unfortunately.

Any ideas?

Trigger:
  • Zoom xxxx
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, 9)))) over 0.00 seconds

EDIT: The camera goes something like this whenever I type something

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

jonas

Make sure to increase not just the camera height but also the rendering distance. I don't remember the name of that unfortunately.

Another thing: you probably want to create a timer and periodically reset the camera distance. Otherwise as soon as someone scrolls, the camera will reset to defaults.

CrusherX

Make sure to increase not just the camera height but also the rendering distance. I don't remember the name of that unfortunately.

Another thing: you probably want to create a timer and periodically reset the camera distance. Otherwise as soon as someone scrolls, the camera will reset to defaults.
Thank you for your help, but I've found a code online since I couldn't figure this one out and if anyone wants to use it, feel free to (it's not mine) and it works!

Trigger:
  • Zoom
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
    • Conditions
      • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5)) Equal to -zoom
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 6)) Equal to -zoom
          • (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) Greater than or equal to 1000
          • (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) Less than or equal to 3500
        • Then - Actions
          • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) Greater than or equal to (3500 + 1)
            • Then - Actions
              • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to 3500.00 over 0.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    wizard and ghan i hope you guys are ready because i am taking you bitches along for the ried
  • The Helper The Helper:
    buckle up
  • Wizard Wizard:
    xD
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Sounds good lol
  • Wizard Wizard:
    I did reply with more info just now about what we did in the past and what we are doing now.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    it is all good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    it is all percolating man
  • The Helper The Helper:
    TheHelper.net #1!
  • Wizard Wizard:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    LOL I love this place
  • Wizard Wizard:
    ;D
  • Wizard Wizard:
    We all do.
  • O Old Mountain Shadow:
    So what is next for thehelper.net? Is there a new set goals yet?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yes we are going to be expanding
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    help more people
  • The Helper The Helper:
    thank you for asking Old Mountain Shadow hell ya@
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Look at Mountain Shadow in the chat!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    welcome to thehelper.net
  • O Old Mountain Shadow:
    thanks although I'm really kind of regretting this name lol ... is there a way to change it out or will I need to make a new account?
  • Wizard Wizard:
    One of us can change it for you, I believe. Just send me a PM on what you want.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Some day we should get the feature where you can change your own name.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Soon!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    did the mountain shadow get his name changed? personally I think Old Mountain Shadow is a kickass name
  • The Helper The Helper:
    but what do i know lol

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome