Zoom trigger problem

CrusherX

Reaction score
Greetings,

I've had this trigger configured and it somewhat works, however whenever I use it the camera zooms out and goes black, regardless of what value i type.

Also I made sure that ''player types -zoom '' with a space between -zoom so it isn't that unfortunately.

Any ideas?

Trigger:
  • Zoom xxxx
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, 9)))) over 0.00 seconds

EDIT: The camera goes something like this whenever I type something

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    75 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Make sure to increase not just the camera height but also the rendering distance. I don't remember the name of that unfortunately.

Another thing: you probably want to create a timer and periodically reset the camera distance. Otherwise as soon as someone scrolls, the camera will reset to defaults.

CrusherX

Reaction score
Make sure to increase not just the camera height but also the rendering distance. I don't remember the name of that unfortunately.

Another thing: you probably want to create a timer and periodically reset the camera distance. Otherwise as soon as someone scrolls, the camera will reset to defaults.

Thank you for your help, but I've found a code online since I couldn't figure this one out and if anyone wants to use it, feel free to (it's not mine) and it works!

Trigger:
  • Zoom
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
    • Conditions
      • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5)) Equal to -zoom
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 6)) Equal to -zoom
          • (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) Greater than or equal to 1000
          • (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) Less than or equal to 3500
        • Then - Actions
          • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) Greater than or equal to (3500 + 1)
            • Then - Actions
              • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to 3500.00 over 0.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.