System [ZTS] - Zwiebelchens Threat System

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
Aight, will check it out when the opportunity reveals itself to me!

Btw, pretty neat way of discovering out-of-range events you have there :thup:, abusing the "smart" order :D
It's a shame such a useful system as this gets half-ignored, though.
Anyway, have some rep!

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Can you rewrite the system? Hashtable is pretty slow compared with struct.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Can you rewrite the system? Hashtable is pretty slow compared with struct.
The speed loss is almost not noticable. Structs would be only like 2 or 3% faster. If not less. The loss of flexibility is far worse than that.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
What else besides the vJASS preproccessor is required for this? I (believe) I have the newest version of JassHelper, and upon saving it returned 100 compile errors. I read your post further down the thread about the Indexing system, and I pasted AIDS into the map. After doing so I simply get one error complaining about Syntax baloney.

And abbout the running away invulnerable thing... Can't you change the return range for the creeps in the Gameplay Constants? That way you wouldn't have to worry about them running away while trying to draw them into a trap (For assassin types :p )

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Installed, and I still get 100 compile errors. This time, including AIDS doesn't reduce it to a single syntax error - instead it just gives me the bundle of compile errors. Most of them being undeclared hashtables and a few "Cannot convert null to ----" :?

It can't be the system itself, since other users have said that it works fine for them, so it must be something on my end.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
-bump-
So I have the newer version of JassHelper, do I need the 1.24 patch to use this? (Using 1.23 right now)

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
-bump-
So I have the newer version of JassHelper, do I need the 1.24 patch to use this? (Using 1.23 right now)

If you want it to work in your 1.23 patch, import this too. ;)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Question: Why would anyone want to keep 1.23. You can't release it on Battle.net. And I'm not sure what version Garena is on. I doubt you have people who want to play Hamachi all the time.

In the end, IMHO, it'd be better to just get 1.24c (which I believe is the latest. I haven't played WC3 in a long time).

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Answer: Several of the maps I frequently play won't run under 1.24, and most are protected. Someone told me to contact the authors, since the maps are not being developed anymore, but for two of them (SoC: The Dark Pheonix and TA) the authors have quit WC3.

Thanks for the answers all of you :)

EDIT: Besides, I never go onto Battle.net anyway. I used to, but there were just too many people that were complete jerks to people not as good as them. Since I can't play as well as most other people, it was just not worth it to me.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Then again, why do you want your maps 1.23 compatible? 1.24 is there for a reason. Hashtables improved scripting by a lot and you should learn to use them (and use 1.24 features) - and you can always use the Wc3 version switcher, to play older maps.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Then again, why do you want your maps 1.23 compatible? 1.24 is there for a reason. Hashtables improved scripting by a lot and you should learn to use them (and use 1.24 features) - and you can always use the Wc3 version switcher, to play older maps.

True. I do have the patch files for 1.23 and the patch exe for 1.24, but I never could get Version Switcher to work for me. I extracted it into the Wc3 directory and put the files into the folder and they didn't show up. I could always do i manually I guess.

One other thing... If you're hosting a game on LAN and your game is patched to 1.24 and your sparring partner's game is patched to 1.2x would it reject him from joining the game? :confused:

Reaction score
Why do you need version switchers for such a simple task? Either download the latest patch through Battle net or directly get it from Blizzard's site.

> would it reject him from joining the game?
He won't be able to see the game you hosted.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
The version switcher is for going to and from one version to another, both ways.

1.21 -> 1.23 or 1.24 -> 1.22 and then back to 1.24 ten minutes later.
As far as I know, Blizzard does not have an archive of their patches, and thus if you needed to downgrade from 1.24 you would either have to reinstall (bad.) or use an older patch. Which is where the version switcher comes into play.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.