Zwiebelchen's Threat System - Damage Detection

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Is there a damage detection system that doesn't require all damage to be triggered?
The one that ZTS links requires all damage in my map to be triggered, which I don't want.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
all triggered damage:
attack detection + custom damage types for all damage

orb damage detection:
attack detection + all blizzard spells are the same custom damage type

seems like a better deal to trigger everything, unless you just plan on having attack damage and (blizzard) spell damage + whatever others types for triggered spells only

mind if i ask what exactly you need? you can pretty easily mod Damage to detect attacks with orbs and handle non triggered damage (besides attacks) as spell damage by default, though you still get the orb drawback from above

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I don't want to have to trigger all 100+ of my spells.
All damage is going to be, hopefully, done through Object Editor.

And I'm just looking for some kind of system, that detects any damage because ZTS requires it.
I'm probably just going to trash the system actually, since it does require all (If not all, a lot) of damage to be triggered.

Thanks for your input though :)

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
oh, Damage only requires all triggered damage if you care about attack/custom damage type detection

just use it with its damage event and add threat based on the damage dealt, it detects all damage including blizzard spells and attacks

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
depends if you want different spells to give differeing amounts of threat per damage point or whatever

you can easily just make one trigger that adds 1 threat per damage point for any damage dealt in the game

JASS:
scope DamageThreat initializer Init
private function Threat takes nothing returns boolean
    call ZTS_ModifyThreat(GetEventDamageSource(),GetTriggerUnit(),GetEventDamage(),true)
    return false
endfunction

private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
    call Damage_RegisterEvent(t)
    call TriggerAddCondition(t,Condition(function Threat))
    set t = null
endfunction
endscope

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Anyway to do threat for heals?
If I can do that too, and that little bit of code in one trigger is all I need, I can still use this system.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
i suppose for heals you can just be like

unit uses certain ability

add X heal threat * ability level

for all your heal spells, which i don't think are that common anyway so it's not too much extra effort

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
So all I need is that trigger you posted, and another one for heals and the system should fully work?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.