Weird A 17-year-old teenager, who ate Chicken McNuggets for the past 15 years, slowly dying

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A TEENAGE girl who has eaten almost nothing else except chicken nuggets for 15 years has been warned by doctors the junk food is killing her.

Stacey Irvine, 17, has been hooked on the fast food since her mother bought her some at a McDonald's restaurant when she was two. Shocked doctors learned of her habit when the factory worker, from Birmingham, north of London, collapsed and was taken to hospital after struggling to breathe.

Ms Irvine, who has never eaten fruit or vegetables, had swollen veins in her tongue and was found to have anaemia.

Medics gave her a series of injections and started her on an urgent course of vitamins.

These days, food addictions are truly worth getting rid of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
If you consume such food each day, you and/or the people around you are idiots.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
If you consume such food each day, you and/or the people around you are idiots.

She's addicted, as alcoholics are addicted to alcohol
The bad part is that she doesn't eat fruits or vegetables.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
She's addicted, as alcoholics are addicted to alcohol
The bad part is that she doesn't eat fruits or vegetables.

Yea except that specific foods don't cause addiction the way alcohol does. Her parents are idiots for letting a 3 year old eat nothing but chicken nuggets.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
I think her parents did it just so they could try and sue mcdonalds. I blame them.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont believe this.
I cannot imagine a human being eating one and the same food for 15 years.
I couldnt stand this, i cant even eat the same meal in 3 days in a row.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
I dont believe this.
I cannot imagine a human being eating one and the same food for 15 years.
I couldnt stand this, i cant even eat the same meal in 3 days in a row.

Exactly, and I was about to post this.. O.O

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
‘I loved them so much they were all I would eat,’ she said. ‘I just couldn’t face even trying other foods.

Is It worth dying for? :rolleyes:

article-2092071-11770443000005DC-624_634x422.jpg

Disgusting diet: Miss Irvine with her beloved McNuggets, fries and a soda

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I was reading this at work the other day and my first reaction was "what an idiot"

... No, wait. That's still my reaction now :rolleyes:

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Yea except that specific foods don't cause addiction the way alcohol does. Her parents are idiots for letting a 3 year old eat nothing but chicken nuggets.

That's mostly false. Although it may not work exactly the way alcohol does, consuming certain foods can flood your brain with dopamine, a feel good chemical, and with prolonged consumption it could cause depression, anxiety and moodiness, as well as a physical craving for both the food and the euphoric chemical release. It can make it more difficult to find joy in regular things, and well as increasing potential for extensive mood swings. Alcohol can act in much the same way, given it is certainly more dangerous.
And who knows what the hell they put in a McNugget? For all I know, they could have additives that are addictive in an effort to secure the desires of an increasingly obese nation? I mean, have you ever seen the movie 'Supersize Me'? After two weeks of eating nothing but McDonald's, dude gets the shakes and looks strung out, then has to pull over and throw up because he hadn't eaten McDonald's yet that day. He gets he fix and he's got a huge smile on his face and he's a happy, chipper, go-lucky guy again. And that was after two weeks. Imagine what she goes through trying to quit, after fifteen fucking years.
Yeah, bad idea letting her get stuck on those. No one in the world is arguing that point. But to call her an idiot because she doesn't have the willpower to make herself stop? Almost all of us have that flaw, whether it's for food or drugs, clothes or shoes, exercise or sports. Don't talk shit about her because she's the same as the rest of us.
Besides, who knows what the hell they put into that processed garbage? For all we know, they could be making McNuggets addictive to boost sales and mak

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
And who knows what the hell they put in a McNugget?

It's something called "mechanically separated poultry." They grind up an entire chicken or just the "trash parts" of the body, bones and all, into a pink paste -- called "poultry paste" -- that looks like soft-served strawberry ice cream. To kill the bacteria, they drench it with ammonia, then bleach it, and spice it with artificial flavoring since it'd taste terrible otherwise.

I'm glad that butchers are using all the parts of the chicken they kill, but it's something that I'd rather not eat.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It's something called "mechanically separated poultry." They grind up an entire chicken or just the "trash parts" of the body, bones and all, into a pink paste -- called "poultry paste" -- that looks like soft-served strawberry ice cream. To kill the bacteria, they drench it with ammonia, then bleach it, and spice it with artificial flavoring since it'd taste terrible otherwise.

I'm glad that butchers are using all the parts of the chicken they kill, but it's something that I'd rather not eat.

Why not? It would be a waste.
I think this is good, less food is thrown into the garbage. Things we wouldnt even like to touch otherwise now appear tasteful and desirable. Thats wonderful.
Do you think it is less valueable meat just because it doesnt look tasty or the process of making it doesnt sound tasty?
I am not against any kind of food, even that fast food crap they serve you at restaurants like mc donalds isnt bad in my opinion. But eating one and the same thing ever and ever, thats pretty much incredible for me.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>That's mostly false.

No it's 100% true.

>>Do you think it is less valueable meat just because it doesnt look tasty or the process of making it doesnt sound tasty?

Well no shit, why would I want to ingest ammonia?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Ammonia is toxic. Clearly eating anything with a toxin is bad for your body.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.