A few misc. questions

Darius34

Reaction score
  • I've heard that item abilities react differently on units as opposed to heroes. What are some of these differences, and are there workarounds? How can a non-hero unit gain, for instance, the additional movement speed from Boots of Speed?
  • Transport spaces. Say I want to limit the number of units my Zeppelin can carry to 1. How do I do that?
  • Can the number of inventory slots for heroes and units alike be edited via the Inventory abilities?
  • Is it possible to add an inventory to a non-hero unit without using the Backpack upgrade?
  • I've seen maps where player units are simply event-controlled, so to speak. A player cannot excess any of their standard commands, such as Attack, Move, Hold Position, etc. However, they still function as that player's units. How is that done?
  • Am I right to say that cast points and attack points can be defined as this?
    The mandatory delay WC forces the unit to wait during a spell/attack before allowing the player to cancel animation.
  • How do cast and attack animation backswing work? Or does the above definition apply to these instead?
To everyone who helps answer: thanks a huge lot for your time, I appreciate it very much. :) I will, of course, +rep anyone who helps.

X.Terror.X

Reaction score

• I've heard that item abilities react differently on units as opposed to heroes. What are some of these differences, and are there workarounds? How can a non-hero unit gain, for instance, the additional movement speed from Boots of Speed?

• u got abilities like storm bolt on unit it has bigger stun then on a hero and ucan change that in abilitie editor

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Is it possible to add an inventory to a non-hero unit without using the Backpack upgrade
Yes, you know the object editor? You know the "hero inventory"?
Yes? good, add that also to units and they can carry the items, even boots of speed, and even get the effect... :)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> How can a non-hero unit gain, for instance, the additional movement speed from Boots of Speed?

It may have to be a hero. You could try giving it a Hero Inventory, though.

> Say I want to limit the number of units my Zeppelin can carry to 1.

Edit the appropriate Cargo Hold ability.

> Is it possible to add an inventory to a non-hero unit without using the Backpack upgrade?

Yes.

> A player cannot excess any of their standard commands, such as Attack, Move, Hold Position, etc.

Controlled by allied computer, maybe?

> Am I right to say that cast points and attack points can be defined as this?

I don't know what you mean.

> How do cast and attack animation backswing work?

I believe that those are times that it takes a unit to execute actions. How far does the sword get swung before the target takes damage? That sort of thing.

Darius34

Reaction score
Yes, you know the object editor? You know the "hero inventory"?
Yes? good, add that also to units and they can carry the items, even boots of speed, and even get the effect...
It may have to be a hero. You could try giving it a Hero Inventory, though.
> Say I want to limit the number of units my Zeppelin can carry to 1.

Edit the appropriate Cargo Hold ability.

> Is it possible to add an inventory to a non-hero unit without using the Backpack upgrade?

Yes.
Alright, I'll try all these.

> A player cannot excess any of their standard commands, such as Attack, Move, Hold Position, etc.

Controlled by allied computer, maybe?
I'm quite sure that those units were from my own force.

> Am I right to say that cast points and attack points can be defined as this?

I don't know what you mean.
My definition for both is below that line.

> How do cast and attack animation backswing work?

I believe that those are times that it takes a unit to execute actions. How far does the sword get swung before the target takes damage? That sort of thing.
Hmmm, I'll run some tests. I don't have Warcraft with me at the moment, so I can't test right now though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.