A kiss, is it meaningful?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Because western civilization developed differently, Westerners have different customs and traditions. You ask why, but the answers are in the history of Western civilization. I'm not going to dig up a time line and explain the evolution of European philosophy, art, and custom. You can use the Internet and books, you know. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss#Kissing_in_Western_culture

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
What are you trying to figure out here? What a kiss is?

A kiss is the touching of one person's lips to another place, which is used as an expression of affection, respect, greeting, farewell, good luck, romantic affection or sexual desire. The word comes from Old English cyssan "to kiss", in turn from coss "a kiss".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss
EVERYTHING you need to know is there, everything. You aren't going to find much info from a group of tech help and warcraft 3 mapping users.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I see the pictures. Thanks.

(Note to self: How the hell did people live in real life when they are from a group of tech help and WC3 mapping users? Ignore this...)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I forgot you live in Taiwan, I was thinking you lived in like Italy for something and then I got confused.

In our society, it's common to give a kiss when saying hello or goodbye to people you care about (well, usually guys only will give a kiss to girl) because it's a symbol of care, can't think of a better word right now.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Okay, I see the pictures. Thanks.

(Note to self: How the hell did people live in real life when they are from a group of tech help and WC3 mapping users? Ignore this...)

Dude, meaning is given to something by the society and the context that surrounds it. It can be meaningful to some people, and completely meaningless to others.

If someone asked you: is thirty-five a big number? What would you say? The value, the meaning, of anything, is absolutely relative.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
the meaning of the kiss is mostly dependent on your feelings with that person and partially on where it is (imo). A kiss on the lips with someone you really love has lots of emotional feeling behind it, whereas a kiss on the cheek with a family member or friend is just a greeting.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Don't forget that there is obviously a difference between a kiss on the cheek and making out...

You don't make out with people to greet them tom mai, just a kiss on the cheek typically.

I make out with them :thup:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
When you meet a girl and get to know her in a relationship and such, you will understand the correct time to kiss and the meaning of a kiss...

Unless you're like me and make your first with a slutty friend, then you still gotta figure it out after that too. :nuts:

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
tom, most of us barely have lives, so i dont see why you would come here to ask (kind of what ddrtists said), i doubt it matters what it means, just why you do it (is that the same thing? ._.)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
tom, most of us barely have lives, so i dont see why you would come here to ask (kind of what ddrtists said), i doubt it matters what it means, just why you do it (is that the same thing? ._.)
If you meet a person whose life is actually dull and plain, does that person know what meanings the surrounding objects had given? If you meet someone who has been cornered in a spot and hasn't been involved in relationships with other human beings for a time, can that someone be able to respond to what we had given him?

If you consider the very VERY odds, then simply a kiss couldn't easily "spread" the meaning out.

If you barely have lives, then what am I? Why I do it? Curiosity dances my mind to an endless waltz.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
It depends where the kiss is, to me. A kiss on the cheek is friendship and a kiss on the lips is romantic. It also depends on the setting you do it in, out to dinner or just sitting at home . The mood and enviroment says a lot.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Kiss has a meaning for sure. When you kiss family member on cheek before they go away it means arrive safely back afterwards. It is sign of caring and strengthens relations or shows they are as strong as before.

I met a woman in cinema, we chat after and went to bar, drunk beers. Before she went on bus I wanted to hug her for goodbye, but it evolved into hug and cheek kiss. I had a opportunity to do so and I used it. She did not make big deal of it which means we both felt comfortable and (maybe) excited.

In nightclub, when I danced, got eye contact with woman. We were some time whirling near each other. Again I felt it is good time to try my luck and moved really near her -- she did same. Dragged me by hand on second floor kissing after that. This is kissing between man and woman (boy and girl if you like). It only means I want you badly -- on mouth with tongue, French kiss? Alcohol had its influence on us.

Again in coffee which was kinda club we were with friends, female friends. one of them was in mood of kissing while dancing. Quick innocent kiss on lips for fun. This time it is scanning to see how close friends you are.

Like they say one thing leads to another.

Three variations of kisses.

Eskimos rub their noses against each other noses. That was their way of kissing or was it welcoming.

I suggest you to do research on topic 'A kiss, is it meaningful?'. Pick random female subject. Find them on central city, mall, park or similar place where they can be found and are willing to communicate with strangers. Pretend you are trying to find X building and ask can she lead you way (or give instructions how to get there). Pick really obvious building to find so most of them could tell you right answer instantly. Now comes moment where you hug them and kiss on cheek (Don't wait nor stop just do it). It is for showing your gratefulness. Instantly after you are finished with kiss and let them lose ask: "A kiss, is it meaningful?". Good if they answer, but when they freak out tell them about Europe traditions (France, Italy) and of course do not forget to mention that you are doing scientific experiment for your science fair in school.

When you feel everything goes well and you want more to test ' A kiss, is it meaningful?' ask from them one more favor and do the ESKIMO trick, it would be hardest.

Do not be shy, ask from girls who you really like (when they provoked with hug and kiss good feeling inside you) would they like to see finished results afterwards. Try to get their and give your instant messenger address, email address, or self mobile address for later chat about results which at that point are already meaningless.

I should try to pull this trick myself. Sounds interesting and amusing. Pen and paper are necessary to mark results.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
A kiss is simply a gesture, depending on the relationship with the one you kiss, the gesture may either be sexual or comforting. Which also means that a kiss is always meaningful.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.