Alot of questions in here:

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
So yea, I've been toying around with a map I made and I want to give a try to some new heroes (Which means new spells of course). Thing is, I'm new with this kind of stuff so I'm going to need any help I can get.

1- When I added a new hero to the altar, other heroes were still avalaible to train even if you already bought your hero. How can I fix this? Apparently, there was nothing in the object editor under the unit in question.

2- I want a spell similar to chain lightning, healing wave and death coil all together. I basicly want a spell that can target either an enemy or an ally, healing or damaging the unit depending on which side it is. If I targetted an ally, I want the spell to continue his effect by healing other undead units. The other way around if I targetted an enemy. Catch is, I want the spell to damage the hero (thats casting the spell) if it heals an ally, and want the spell to drain life if it targetted an enemy. Is this possible?

3- I want to create an aura that will: Drain everyone's life(1%) per second, while granting every allies within a range attack speed and damage%. The real question is, how do I create a ''new'' spell? Do I have to take a basic spell and change the effects everytime because that's not going to work here since everything I want to try is a completly new spell.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
3- I want to create an aura that will: Drain everyone's life(1%) per second, while granting every allies within a range attack speed and damage%. The real question is, how do I create a ''new'' spell? Do I have to take a basic spell and change the effects everytime because that's not going to work here since everything I want to try is a completly new spell.[/QUOTE]

1) What your looking for is under advanced game play constants. I think the label is "Hero - Hero Type Equivalents".

2) You need to trigger it. Make two spells, one healing one damaging. Then trigger it so when the target is an enemy of the owner of the casting unit, cast the damage one. Then increase the unit's life by however much you want and visa versa.

3) Yes you need to create a new spell every time. Sorry, you could trigger the damage though, then you would only need one spell for the aura.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
1) What your looking for is under advanced game play constants. I think the label is "Hero - Hero Type Equivalents".QUOTE]

Can't find it

2) You need to trigger it. Make two spells, one healing one damaging. Then trigger it so when the target is an enemy of the owner of the casting unit, cast the damage one. Then increase the unit's life by however much you want and visa versa.
perfect, ull use a dummy unit for this one

3) Yes you need to create a new spell every time. Sorry, you could trigger the damage though, then you would only need one spell for the aura.

How can i trigger an aura? i get it for spells but i dont get how i could make it as an aura

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Periodic event. Pick every unit with the aura. Then pick every unit unit that's an enemy. Then damage all those units.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
For 3 I recommend use a spellbook. Unfortunatley I suck with them so I won't be able to help you with that :p. Otherwise I would do what tru_power22 said and create a periodic trigger.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
For 3 I recommend use a spellbook. Unfortunatley I suck with them so I won't be able to help you with that :p. Otherwise I would do what tru_power22 said and create a periodic trigger.

xept i dont know what a periodic trigger is. and what is a spellbook?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
A spellbook let's you put in multiple spells into one spell.

A periodic trigger does something every X seconds

millz-

Reaction score
Spellbook is the way to go for 3.
1 custom ability based on unholy aura, change life regen to negative, and change targets allowed to enemies
1 custom ability based on endurance aura (for attack speed)
1 custom ability based on command aura (for damage)
Add these 3 abilities into a spellbook.

Trigger:
Event - Unit learns an ability
Conditions -
Ability learned equal to your Main aura (a dummy ability)
Actions -
if Level of ability learned equal to 1
then
Add ability (the spellbook) to triggering unit
Player - Disable (the spellbook) for owner of triggering unit
else - nothing
Set level of ability (unholy aura) to level of ability learned
Set level of ability (endurance aura) to level of ability learned
Set level of ability (command aura) to level of ability learned

As for 2, maybe you can try a chain lightning modified to target allies only. and set the damage to negative.

Edit: I just realise my suggestion for 2 was plain retarded, sorry.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
3- I want to create an aura that will: Drain everyone's life(1%) per second, while granting every allies within a range attack speed and damage%. The real question is, how do I create a ''new'' spell? Do I have to take a basic spell and change the effects everytime because that's not going to work here since everything I want to try is a completly new spell.

I don't think you need a spellbook for this.

Make a skill based of unholy aura, that has -1 in life regeneration field, and Percentage value=True. Then, when you're hero learns this ability just add the trueshot and endurance aura ITEM abilities (You can just copy/paste them to create new ones). They don't have an icon, but are still in effect, and should be what you're looking for.

For 1) Make a trigger that limit's heroes to 1 per player at map initialization.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
Make a skill based of unholy aura, that has -1 in life regeneration field, and Percentage value=True. Then, when you're hero learns this ability just add the trueshot and endurance aura ITEM abilities (You can just copy/paste them to create new ones). They don't have an icon, but are still in effect, and should be what you're looking for.
What do you mean ''add'' trueshot and endurance? You mean as a trigger? If so, how would the trigger look like? Forgive my ignorance :)
For 1) Make a trigger that limit's heroes to 1 per player at map initialization.
how do I do that?

Also I have another question. I want the aura to look like an ''energy field'' from the doodads of dalaran ruins. How can I do that? Of course the aura would stop at the limit of the range.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
1)
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to 1 for Player 1 (Red)

3)
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Unholy Aura
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Trueshot Aura to (Learning Hero)
      • Unit - Add Endurance Aura to (Learning Hero)

Of course, you have to make your own abilities for the Trueshot and Endurance Aura, you can find them in the object editor/abilities/special/items

Change them to hero abilities, so you can add them to your unit (or unit abilities)

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
1)
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to 1 for Player 1 (Red)

3)
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Unholy Aura
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Trueshot Aura to (Learning Hero)
      • Unit - Add Endurance Aura to (Learning Hero)

Of course, you have to make your own abilities for the Trueshot and Endurance Aura, you can find them in the object editor/abilities/special/items

Change them to hero abilities, so you can add them to your unit (or unit abilities)

For the first trigger, I don't want every to only be able to make 1 hero. I just want the new hero to count as one ( so you would recquire a hall of the dead to make a second one) Isnt' there something like a check box to say like ''count as a hero''?

For the second trigger, It works perfectly, but my unholy aura doesnt seem to want to reduce everyone's hp.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)

Wouldn't that work for 1)?

And also, is the unholy aura working on just some units, or not at all? If just on some units, change the targets allowed in object editor/abilities to what you want.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)

Wouldn't that work for 1)?

And also, is the unholy aura working on just some units, or not at all? If just on some units, change the targets allowed in object editor/abilities to what you want.

1- the aura doesnt allow me to put a negative regen on it. It can only be positive (as in it wont let me make my units lose life)

2- and the trigger still doesnt work. i think the problem is that the game doesnt recognize the new unit as a hero. even tho i checked the ''is a hero'' checkbox

3- Also, I want to increase the maximum skeletons allowed on necromancers. I can't remember where to find it. I checked under the abilities, the necromancer and game constant...

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
1 - shift-click for negative values.
3- I think it is in the necromancer's spell "raise dead" or something like that (forgot what it is called). It would be in the stats area.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
1 - shift-click for negative values.
3- I think it is in the necromancer's spell "raise dead" or something like that (forgot what it is called). It would be in the stats area.

What do you mean shift click? im holding shit and pressing numbers and it doesnt do anything :( the box only allows me to enter positive numbers.

as for the raise dead spell, its not in there. I opened object editor and went to the ability section under raise and there isnt an option that allows me to put a cap. but i know for sure its somewhere as I used to change it before.

millz-

Reaction score
insertingnegativevalues.jpg

millz-

Reaction score
Try changing the Unit Type for limit check? I've not tried anything like this before so I don't really know.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.