AoE of abilities is defined by diameter or radio?

SutinG

Reaction score
The value of the AoE of the abilities (Thunder Clap for ex.) is defined by the diameter or by the radio?

Someone knows?

Thanks in advance.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Guess it is defined by the diameter. The circles are too small for 300 AOE and if you have a unit with 300 range it would exceed the circle if you center it on the attacking unit.

SutinG

Reaction score
Guess it is defined by the diameter. The circles are too small for 300 AOE and if you have a unit with 300 range it would exceed the circle if you center it on the attacking unit.

Thanks, I think you're right.

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
Actually, it's the Radius. At least with the channel ability, though I doubt they're different for other spells. The thing is, the circle is a little smaller than the actual area affected. See my example map, with an Area of Effect of 500, creating footmans in a circle with radius 500 around the targeted point.

This actually makes a lot of sense, as (I believe) the way area of effect spells function is by checking the distance between the targeted point and the unit, so in a circle that would be the radius ;) It also allows you to use the "Units Within X" range with X being the "Area Of Effect" setting when triggering AOE abilities without having to divide it by 2.

Attachments

• RadiusExample.w3x
    13.2 KB · Views: 105
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.