AOE Spell range same as "pick units in range" but ingame its different

Casa

Reaction score
Hallo!

I basically have an AOE Spell like warstomp and ive set the range to 500. then i made a trigger that enhances this ability by using the "pick every unit within 500 of triggering unit", but sometimes the spell itself and the trigger dont seem to hit the same units. do i have to add or subtract something from the 500 range so they both have exactly the same range?

thx in advance!

Giantpanda

Reaction score
I think that the question you're asking is pretty self-explanitory. Yes is the answer. Although I might have misread the problem.

Casa

Reaction score
my question is how much i have to adjust the trigger range. because as it seems an aoe spell's range isnt the same as the range you detect via a trigger.

so does anyone know the value i have to add/substract?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I usually add/subtract 50. Picking unit via trigger only picks the unit position which is located right at the middle of the unit model. Spells in Object Editor will pick units according to their collision size. So I don't think there's an exact value for you to minus or add. Because every unit's collision size is different. Just an estimate will do I think.

(Generally, Object Editor AOE is 'larger' than trigger's AOE)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.