Assigning player locations? Can't seem to find anything on this..Help needed please~

S

slashman

Hello, I have been scouring the net for hours now on how to do this. Nothing seems to be working.

Basically, how do you assign a certain player to a starting location?

I have tried everything I can think of, it always randomizes our starting locations.

I have player 1 and player 2 starting locations at the top, and the 6 computer start points at the bottom, I need to get it set up, so my buddy and I can always start in the upper where we want to.

We tried top vs. bottom, even though we set up on the same team, it places us apart.

I am at a loss, please any help would be greatly appreciated.
Or point me to a guide that explains this in detail.

Thank you very much.
Slashman

L

LordSandege

hmmm

I not an expert at maps but i may know a solution. Look in the forces and check if "randomize start location" is set. The box would be checked if it is on.

S

slashman

MM, not an expert here either =) Thanks for trying to help me out.

I have tried the random start locations both ways, still seems to random where it places us. I also tried using map settings, but the computer quits immediatly after the game starts.

It would seem to make sense if, I placed a player 1 starting point, that player 1 would start there if randomize starting locations was unchecked.

Basically all I need to get for our Lan party tonight is a 128x128 or so map, 2 pc's at the top and 6 npc's at the bottom. Need the 2 pc's to start next to each other at the top.

Can't believe I am having this much trouble with it =) heheh

Thanks again, still lookin for help please.

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
You need to uncheck ALL randomize start locations in ALL forces. Don't ask me why. :p

S

slashman

Ahhh, interesting. I shall try that out as soon as I get home.

Thank you very very much.

Slashman

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.