so i made an basic trigger with attachments it looks like this

Trigger:
  • Shocking Left Attachment
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Shocking Left
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon left of (Learning Hero) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIlb\AIlbTarget.mdl
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

so for the problem, the first time the trigger trigged it worked fine, but then i quit the game and started it a while after and the attachement always went on his right weapon???!!!

Giantpanda

Reaction score
I don't understand the problem. So you used this trigger, closed Wacraft III, restarted it and then when you played it again the attachment went to the wrong hand?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Just create a spell based off (Sphere) and then edit the attachments. Permanent attachments are supposed to be done with a skill given to the specific unit.

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
i tried that now, but it didnt work, it seems he doesnt have an attachment point on his lefty weapon, mayby i mistaked it when i saw the attachment on the left

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Just change the attachment point of the ability to 1 and craete two strings namingly "left" and "hand".

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There is no weapon left
Only hand,left
hand,right
weapon

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
some units have weapong left and weapon right, like f.ex Troll Berserker

but i guess this unit doesnt

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
There are no units with the ability to attach to the left weapon

jwallstone

Reaction score
I think the problem is that you wrote "weapon left" instead of "weapon, left". The comma is important. Without it, the game might not parse the "left" correctly and might just attach it to a random weapon.

jwallstone

Reaction score
Actually, it is needed. The comma is how the game parses the string as having two distinct parts: the main part (i.e. "weapon"), and a modifier ("left"). Without it, the game registers it as a single component ("weapon left").

If you don't believe me, check out the ability Sphere. The attachments are all "sprite,first", "sprite,second", etc. Note that if you open up each of those fields, you don't see a single string. You see two rows, one "sprite" and one "first", "second" etc. That is because the game successfully registered the single string as two parts. How? Because there was a comma!

Try it. Erase the two strings and type one in yourself. If you leave out the comma, press the two okay buttons to close the two popups, you'll notice it stayed as a single string in a single row. Now try it with a comma, press the two okay buttons to close the popup boxes, and open it back up. You'll see that the game split the string into two parts again, just like how it was before editing.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
How come? Berserk is attached to both weapon,left and weapon,right.

I'd say it's hand,left and hand,right

there is no such attachment point as weapon, right/left...
it's like you wrote origin,left or overhead,right

attachment points are part of the model, some units might not even have weapon point so it automatically sets it to hand (I think)

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Eh? I see weapon,left and weapon,right, but that's just me.

Attachments

• Berserk.JPG
    Berserk.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 140

jwallstone

Reaction score
There is definitely weapon,left, weapon, right, as I have even used it. True, only certain models have it, but you're talking about every single model with a weapon: footmen, knights, grunts, archers, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

What is up with people just blankly stating wrong things as truth without double-checking it, even after other people seem pretty sure that the opposite is true?

Gtam

Reaction score
I have tested it and got only the right weapon. I would then like to see a demo map with things attached to units left weapon

jwallstone

Reaction score
It depends on what model you are using. Some have left weapons, some don't. I literally just put an attachment on the left weapon of a unit yesterday. If you need to try one, the Death Revenant model I believe has a left weapon.

Gtam

Reaction score
Well i tried it on fire panda which has two weapons but didnt work

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Not every model has an attachment for weapon,left, as said. You can try Phoenix Fire missile, but it won't appear. The berserker buff will appear to the weapon,left though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.