Barrage and Fan of Knives Bug

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Now this is probably not discussed before in this thread; if it is, then my apologies but I doubt so.

Anyways...there is a little weird bug with barrage and fan of knives.

First off, for Fan of Knives, there is an option to set "Max Number of Targets". When set to 0, it means it attacks an infinite number of units = meaning any unit that comes within its AoE will be damaged.

However, when I tested it, it appears it hits only a maximum of 5 enemies, sometimes 4, for no apparent reason. When tested on a blank map, it attacks all 10 units around it. What kind of bug is this and how do I fix it?

For Barrage, there is a similar bug as well. When tested on a blank map, it hits all 7 units, correctly. However, in a bigger map that I made, it hit only 4 enemies instead of 7. To further test what was wrong, I chanced upon something.

The unit was carrying 3 same items which I will refer to them as Flute. Now, the unit has 3 Flutes, and they appear to be "causing the bug". When the unit has no flutes, it hit 7 enemies. When it has 1 flute, it hit 5 enemies. When it has 2 flutes, it hits 5 enemies. When it has 3 flutes, it hits 4 enemies.

However, the item, although tested to be causing the problem, does not make sense. It only gives Command Aura, +100 Damage, and Attack Speed increase. No orb effect of any kind is included.

Any ideas?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Remove the command aura, test.
If it doesnt work, add it back.
Remove the attack speed bonus, test.
If it doesnt work, add it back.
Remove the attack damage bonus, test.
If it doesnt work, remove them all and test.

Report the results.

kaboo

Reaction score
why dont u set the max targets 100? there wont be more enemies around you any time ...

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
^You're assuming he makes a normalish map. If let's say the units are tiny, or if they have no collision, etc, lots of possibilities for the units to exceed 100.

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
@kaboo: I did that already. Changed it to 5, 100, 99999, 0....Doesnt work.

@Hydra: What would be the point? I cant change the item because I like it the way it is. Besides, the more important one is the Fan of Knives one.

kaboo

Reaction score
gonna test this
test1 - creating the ability -> isnt the problem maximum total damage{MTD}?
test2 - ingame test of MTD for fan of knives -> it solved it for me

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Maximum Total Damage.....Havent thought of that.......................Hmm. Good point. I'll assume this is for BOTH Barrage AND Fan of Knives?

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
i have tested the "fan of knives" and worked on lots of units ..[don't count them but around 20 you must do something like this ...
your damage is for example 100 and want to hit 200 targets then your Maxim damage [Level x - Data - Maximum Total Damage] must be 100x200=20,000

kaboo

Reaction score
omfg im so noob i cant even make the barrage work :D , i made the skill and it does nothing :D

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Jesus....I just tested out both barrage and fan of knives....and you were right, kaboo. It appears that because I added alot of damage to the skill, the maximum total damage was too little, so it damaged what little units it could.

Thanks alot Kaboo u helped me fix both problems. +rep

Dont worry about barrage. Actually I made it as a Multishot skill. At least now I know it isnt a bug.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.