blocky terrain

J

jiblitin

ok i know someone already told someone this but how do you get that square terrain
(like my attaced file)
-while your at it does anyone have any more editors that i might wanna use? i dont wanna keep posting 20 threads saying that i want different map editors

Attachments

• [ 3v3 ] zer0 clutter 4.scm
    39 KB · Views: 259
A

Arelalith

Get ISOM...before you ask something please look through the threads before posting.. That would be much appreciated

J

jiblitin

my mistake

oops, sry, i think i was kinda looking though starcraft central when i wrote this:confused: :eek:

J

jiblitin

how do you use ISOM?

can someon explain to me how to use ISOM?

A

Arelalith

Dude..

Read the help files..they tell you how to do it..Its not that complicated...

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
still cant figure it out

I read the readme files. I inserted 0 into the field wrote my map, and then staredit opened up. And it WAS STILL NORMAL TERRAIN

S

Starcraft_Wiz

When it opens starcraft it puts a map file on the bottom of the "last used list"( when u hit file the "last used list" , as i call it, appears. Open the file that it created and you should end up with square terran. :) Also i found that if u try to edit a map that has invalid placement it wont be able to opne it.

Square terrain

OK IT IS POSSIBLE IN NORMAL STAREDIT
Just select the dodad that you want

change the landscape so it is green do it and drag clicking more than once makes it harder to do and move the doodad over where you want to place it but don't

Then hit ctrl z (undo) and the terrain will revert to how it was but the dodad will stay green.

Place it then hit ctrl z it is important then hit ctrl y (redo)

Now you have the dodad there will a square around it:D

You can put then over water too:eek:

Make sure it is the last thing u do cause staredit will erase em all when u open it up again:pissed:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.