can i make it so select unit only selects footman?

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
Do you mean the Select Unit ability that the shops use? or do you want the player to only be able to have footmen selected?

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
That's a tough one since that ability doesn't give you many options to work with in the editor. Why do you want it to select footmen only? maybe I can come up with an alternative for you.

eightbraker

Reaction score
well im makin ability packs, eg medic, gunner, exa, bud im gona make it so u have to buy em with a footman and that footman dies after u buy 1, and gives it to ur hero, that way they can only buy 1 ability pack!

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
Alright, give me a moment and Ill make a trigger for you:

Code:
Class Selection
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Class Selector
    Actions
        If ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to MedicItem) then do (Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Medic using The old unit's relative life and mana) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to GunnerItem) then do (Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Gunner using The old unit's relative life and mana) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to SniperItem) then do (Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Sniper using The old unit's relative life and mana) else do (Do nothing)

I would also recommend having the store in a separated starting area and that you move the new unit to the main area after buying the item.

eightbraker

Reaction score
with ur spell, theres no unit called medic, its just a item with a spell book ability, that way the unit can pick it up and use it and keep the model

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.