can someone help me

fine93

Reaction score
How can i make a unit that leaves a trail of flowers like illidans burning footprin.

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Illidan's thing is specific to the model
Otherwise you can do a periodic event that creates a flower at the unit's point.

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
periodic 1 second
set group =Everyone in Rect (make one of entire map) equal to Yourguy
pick them
set TempPoint position of picked unit
create 1 dummy unit [flower] at TempPoint
expiration timer for 2 seconds.
call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
-End of pick them-
call DestroyGroup(udg_GROUPNAME)

The dummy unit would look like a flower, no pathing, and locust. If my words are confusing, like the destroygroup and removeloc just try it without them.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
Illidan has to have a skill that creates that footprint model? I dont have WCIII installed anymore i just lurk here for fun but i am sure he has a skill that has the footprint unit model as the buff/animation. All you should have to do is give your unit that skill and change the animation of that skill to a flower.. If he does not have a skill the guy above me will definately work but i think this should be easier

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
I have checked every version of Illidan. There is no skill in any of the abilities that aren't Hero and his basic skill setup.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Illidan has to have a skill that creates that footprint model? I dont have WCIII installed anymore i just lurk here for fun but i am sure he has a skill that has the footprint unit model as the buff/animation. All you should have to do is give your unit that skill and change the animation of that skill to a flower.. If he does not have a skill the guy above me will definately work but i think this should be easier

I know what you are thinking about.
There is a seperate model, i think it's a doodad that is the Footsteps illidan leaves behind, however it is also attached to the Unit Model instead of being an ability.

Just trigger it, as suggested above.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Cant you edit the doodad to be a dummy unit and periodically spawn them behind the unit with an expiration timer?

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
You would most likely get lag from too many units by doing that. But you could do it if it's for a movie or something.

The other option is to edit the unit you want it on's model to make the footsteps Illidan-esque.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.