Casting a targeted spell on the caster without using mouse?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
okay, for example i have a lich with frost shield. I press the hotkey for frostshield. now i have the mous to target something. Is there a way by using the keyboard (and not with mouse) to target the lich now?
The lich is the first hero (so he is on f1).

thanks in advancec

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
whats a mous?

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Maybe you could have a dummy ability set to a desired hotkey? When you cast that ability it runs some condition checks and casts the spell on the desired unit or uses some combination of selection event triggers or whatnot.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
oh come on. now ppl think it's about WE. this move was completly senseles. it's not about WE. it has nothing to do with world edit. it's just about playing warcraft.

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Uhhhh, sorry. The fact that you posted this in the "World Editor Help" forum kind of confused me a little. lol

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think theres some thing in Windows Xp which allows you to move the mouse using the arrow keys on the Number Pad. This might not work in wc3 though, since it has other uses for those keys.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
Well you can just target the icon, but that does require the mouse, but it is the closest thing to not targeting the unit on "the battlefield" if that makes sense

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
The fastest way I know of is targeting your unit's portrait. But I guess most people already know that :p

C

Cryo

well some spell you can just use with one key cause there AOE like roar press r :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.