casting same type abilities

nicolas

Reaction score
Ive got a problem with casting an ability, the unit has some abilities that are all the same (based from Warstomp). When he uses 1 of the abilities then he will summon 1 creature (trigger made), tho the bad thing about this is that if he cast 1 of the ability he will cast all 4 the abilities and thus summoning 4 monsters this is because it are all the same base abilities. Now is my question: How can i make it right, so some cind of trigger that stops him from casting all the 4 abilities at the same time if he clicks 1 of the abilities. I alrdy tried something like
Unit X begins casting an ability
Ability being cast equal to Z
Disable other abilities

Tho this doesnt work because the casting just happens to fast for the trigger so he will still cast all the abilities before the trigger disables them.

I cant use 4 different abilities because it are actually alot of more abilities (25-30) and i cant use 25-30 different instant cast abilities.

So any1 got any ideas or solution to fix this "cast at the same time" problem.

Thx in advance

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You can't have the same base of an ability on the same unit - it's triggered in-game already to do all of them. Think of it like this, take off the custom-ness of it, and you have? 4 warstomps. You click warstomp, you're clicking warstomp, no matter what the name of the skill is.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Chance the order id on them.
One can be warstomp, one can be channel, one can be shockwave and one can be holy light.
Everything will work like it should then. No, they will not cast the spell that the order id is.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Chance the order id on them.

On Warstomp?

That only works on
- Channel
- Spell Book
- Charge Gold and Lumber

They come with a special option for doing so: Data - Order ID.

Changing "text - order string" does nothing of value...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Channel is a very useful spell. You can do it for like any spell by creating a dummy to do things or just using Channel as a base spell for triggered actions.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Ah, didn't know.
Base all your spells off of channel, you can make it "Instant - No Target" and then change the order id. It'll work.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
But if you're going to base multiple spells on channel for the same unit, change the ID.

EDIT: I have a question: Why do you need to base your spells off of Warstomp? if it's for the stomp, use warstomp. If you want to summon something, why not just summon? If you want multiple actions, then you can base it off another spell, disable its data, and trigger with dummies to create the stomps and stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.