Completely Customizeable MechWars 2.0

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
At one point I had posted this map here, but it seems to have gotten deleted when the site had problems a while back.

Here is Completely Customizeable MechWars 2.0

A game in the genre of AoS and more specifically TankWars.

However with many enhancements.

1. Over 1,000,000 different mechs and 81 distinct weapons, not counting the ability to drop landmines!

2. A market! Prices for mechs and weapons increase and decrease throughout the game to make for different strategies each time.

3. The ability to upgrade your towers and creeps.

4. The ability to equip buildings with weapons.

5. A unique method for purchasing items and trading-in your mechs.

Give it a try. We've been having a good bit of fun online with this. Let me know what you think.

ThySpektre

Click here to download!

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
WOW that sounds great. I always liked Tank Wars, but it died quickly and no one hosted it. I hope this gets people to start playing it again. I will try it out soon and tell you what I think.

Are there reall 1,000,000 mechs!!!!

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Good map; it's enjoyable in single-player and (I imagine) fast and furious in multiplayer. I like that the spawns can be upgraded too; it's not just a focus on building the biggest mech.

I'm curious, though; in a game based on futuristic technology, why did you use the Ballista model for your artillery unit instead of, say, the Steam Tank?

P

Pawnable

1,000,000 Mechs? How is that possible? You know, a map can only hold so much.... you mean more than 1,000,000 combinations of weapons AND mechs? Or just mechs... o_O Get your caculations correct!

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Here, Spektre, don't say I never did nothin' fer ya.

There is only one mech model in the game. However, it can be customized with 10 choices of hit points, 8 different hit point regeneration rates, 8 choices of mana points, 8 different mana regeneration rates, 8 different move speeds, 1-6 inventory slots, and 9 choices of revive time.

10*8*8*8*8*6*9=2,211,840. That's not including the various kinds of weapon your mech can be equipped with.

Pawnable said:
Get your caculations correct!

Indeed. ;)

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
BlargIAmDead said:

There is only one mech model in the game. However, it can be customized with 10 choices of hit points, 8 different hit point regeneration rates, 8 choices of mana points, 8 different mana regeneration rates, 8 different move speeds, 1-6 inventory slots, and 9 choices of revive time.

10*8*8*8*8*6*9=2,211,840. That's not including the various kinds of weapon your mech can be equipped with.

Indeed. ;)

Thanks...when I posted it, i wasn't near my notes to calculate it ;)

ThySpektre

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
BlargIAmDead said:
Good map; it's enjoyable in single-player and (I imagine) fast and furious in multiplayer. I like that the spawns can be upgraded too; it's not just a focus on building the biggest mech.

I'm curious, though; in a game based on futuristic technology, why did you use the Ballista model for your artillery unit instead of, say, the Steam Tank?

There are some things I would like to improve.

1. The artillery and the projectiles from the towers do not look futuristic.

2. The terrain is blantantly ripped off from TankWars AnR as i am no good at terraining (full in game credit given).

3. Even with the upgrades the creeps are still relatively weak. Still on the fence about this.

4. Despite the extensive help menu and tips, new foks still complain they have no idea what is going on...

Otherwise though it makes from some fairly nice strategy tradeoffs especially in multiplayer.

ThySpektre

PS: And I would like for consistency to have all references of "mana" in game replaced with energy. Also a futuristic control panel would be nice.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
BlargIAmDead said:

So by that logic, there are billions of races in wc3, because each time you use it you can choose to spawn your units or build buildings differently each time.

You have one mech, dude.

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
So by that logic, there are billions of races in wc3, because each time you use it you can choose to spawn your units or build buildings differently each time.

You have one mech, dude.

That'd be a big negative Agent.

Do you judge a book by its cover? By any other name, woud not a unit smell as sweet? What makes a unit, some joined polygons and slate of pixels? Nay I say...and Nay again!

What differentiates units is their statistical differences. Movement speed, hit points, regeneration, etc.

So until a "unit" is defined by what skin it wear...make mine marvel!

Excelsior!

'Nuff said

:rolleyes:

ThySpektre

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Perhaps the next version of the map can use more weasel-words. Like..."over a million mech choices." Yep, nice to know that higher education is good for something...

In single player (my BattleNet link has been iffy all this week), I find that I rarely use mechs over 1000 HP, since they simply cost too much. Maybe instead of multiplying by whole numbers (500 HP=cost*1, 750 HP=cost*2, 1000 HP=cost*3, etc.), you could multiply by fractions (500 HP=cost*1, 750 HP=cost*1.5, 1000 HP=cost*2, etc.). Has anyone else been having this problem, or am I just playing wrong? :)

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Well he's got a point. A troll axe-thrower is different from a berzerker, if only by stats and abilities. Still, though, perhaps "over 1,000,000 mech customization combinations" would be more precise, if less enticing.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Luth said:
Well he's got a point. A troll axe-thrower is different from a berzerker, if only by stats and abilities. Still, though, perhaps "over 1,000,000 mech customization combinations" would be more precise, if less enticing.
Uh-huh.And you need a lot of work, too (with school pressing on your nerves)

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
BlargIAmDead said:
Perhaps the next version of the map can use more weasel-words. Like..."over a million mech choices." Yep, nice to know that higher education is good for something...

In single player (my BattleNet link has been iffy all this week), I find that I rarely use mechs over 1000 HP, since they simply cost too much. Maybe instead of multiplying by whole numbers (500 HP=cost*1, 750 HP=cost*2, 1000 HP=cost*3, etc.), you could multiply by fractions (500 HP=cost*1, 750 HP=cost*1.5, 1000 HP=cost*2, etc.). Has anyone else been having this problem, or am I just playing wrong? :)

LOL, I HAD to hype the game here. What else ya gonna do? :shades:

It's interesting you are playing it single player. I never envisioned it for single player and never tested it that way. Glad to hear it is fun 1 player.

Multiplayer though is great fun. In MP, you upgrade usually 2 or 3 times through the game. Seldom do you win with your starting mech, and if they are lobbing 900 damage photons at you...you need some hp's!

The best players though seem to do better (at the start) with lesser mechs...and better weapons)

ThySpektre

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.