Consequences of being a Sapper

The Arcot

Reaction score
I need to make a trigger so that when a unit of a certain faction enters an area, he receives a speed bonus. However, The only way I know of to detect what race of unit it is, is to use classifications. Normally I would use ancient or undead, but those are taken for something else. The only other one I can see in the condition list that would work is sapper. My question is...

is there normally anything special about being classified as a sapper?

Alternately, is there a way to make auras used by neutral passive units affect player controlled units?

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
you can check what race a unit or a player is.

Code:
(Race of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Human

it's a race comparison

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> is there normally anything special about being classified as a sapper?

Suicidal?
Yes, two at least:
- Transports refuse to load them.
- Some abilities can not be cast on them (Invisibility?).

The Arcot

Reaction score
damn... how about the second one? I'm thinking I could just make a dummy unit with an aura that only works on certain classifications, as there are more in object editor than there are for trigger comparisons.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> is there normally anything special about being classified as a sapper?

Suicidal?
Yes, two at least:

Beat me to it again :p

You could however, try setting the targets allowed for load and other spells to sapper. It'll probably work. Then there won't be a difference :)

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
are you using the units point-value for anything? othervise you could use that to refer back to the race of the unit. For exemple you give the humans 1 in point-value and the orcs 2 etc.

The Arcot

Reaction score
Ok, I have another question, its a bit simpler. I'm trying to make an aura that only affects undead units, but I can't seem to find the classification 'undead' under the 'targets allowed' field. Am I missing something? Or would I have to trigger that too?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> Suicidal?
Yes, two at least:

Another one:
If the unit has Kaboom ability the unit will aggresively try to Kaboom at enemy units.

The Arcot

Reaction score
Na, it's nothing about that. I need a classification for a certain type of unit. Like... you know how most people use 'Ancient' if they want something to only affect certain units? It's like that, but I can't use ancient because thats taken for something else.

The Arcot

Reaction score
yeah, but doesn't that make it say 'Tauren" under the unit?

Also, its for a spell (an aura, to be precise), so if it's possible I'd like to avoid any triggering for simplicity sake.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.