[Contest] Speed Mapping

Weyrling

Reaction score
I'm in, and I hope that my terraining and innovation will overcome my crappy GUI coding.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
*puts every current map on hold*

I will be in, but I have to ask a stupid question first:

Will the map genre or idea we are given be doable by even the most novice mapper in 3 days?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Wow... i barely noticed it was only 3 days... lol
but i think that's why its a 96 x 96

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Terrain and map shit is not my problem, I was talking trigger wise :p

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
in that case... i was talking map-wise :D

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Will the map genre or idea we are given be doable by even the most novice mapper in 3 days?
Yes.

On a side note, if the map includes a penguin you'll get a bonus point, two bonus points for a giant penguin and three if you can kill a Furbolg in the map.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
that's why its a 96 x 96

It's up to 96x96. It can be smaller.

On a side note, if the map includes a penguin you'll get a bonus point, two bonus points for a giant penguin and three if you can kill a Furbolg in the map.

Shall I add these to the terrain-arcane grading?:D

Updated contestants list.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
oO if you hav3e more then 15 members before 13th im out because im in holydays for three days at the other 3 days oO

----> DONT JOIN ANY MORE!!!! :p

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>On a side note, if the map includes a penguin you'll get a bonus point, two bonus points for a giant penguin and three if you can kill a Furbolg in the map.

Note to Self: Make a Penguin village with a giant Penguin chieftain who enjoys massacring Furbolgs :D

C

crazynut999

im in but im gonna be out of town july 13-18... so hope its not during those days!!!!:banghead:

i hope the theme is random... try pulling random words out of a hat and making a sentence with them that would be great b/c it challenges the mind

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Remember people, it's 3 days, not 1. I bet the last day will contain slacking most of the time. :p

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
No, for me I won't do anything for 2 days, say oh crap, then make some piece of shit in the last day.
OR MAYBE I'll work all 3 days, we'll see (I'm not kidding about the 1st one, that may happen -.-)

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Do I smell 15? I sure hope so, I really want to participate in this to see if I can map without it involving trees, or ents, or more trees of any sort. Though then again, it may be.

ANYWAYS, I think it is 15 participants, so if it is going to be moved back, that would be awesome. :)

So people, keep on signing up - Make this contest interesting. :D

Have a good one. Sorry for the somewhat useless post.

F

FKNCrazy

If i join in will you change date to 18th to 21st? Cos i'd make it 15 people.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Let me consider. If I change the date to 18th, some people will resign and if I'll leave it untouched, some people will resign.

How about, if the contest would start on the 1st of August and finish on the 3rd? Then could everyone participate.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
hmmm, 1. august is the "birthday" of switzerland :D (im from switzerland :D)

Anyway: For me it will be good, but i dont think you find a durotation of 3 days in wich EVERYBODY can participate

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.