Converting a map to Russian

risen_jihad

Reaction score
I'm the current editor of Island Troll Tribes, and someone came to me asking if he could translate the map to Russian for his fellow Russian gamers who are not multi-lingual, and I agreed.

However, the English version of the map does not support Russian characters, I've tried by doing it manually inside the world editor, and using an MPQ editor to alter the wts file, both failed.

Does anyone here know how about I would either convert the map to Russian, or fine some sort of fix to make it supoorted?

Fluffball

Reaction score
This might be slow, but you can use a free online translator, and translate each spell/ability.

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
This might be slow, but you can use a free online translator, and translate each spell/ability.

but what if it says Unable to build
the player will be baffled since that can't be translated by your technique
btw sorry I don't know too much about world editor myself

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
but what if it says Unable to build
the player will be baffled since that can't be translated by your technique
btw sorry I don't know too much about world editor myself

WRONG!

you can edit those in Game Interface

risen_jihad

Reaction score
However, the English version of the map does not support Russian characters, I've tried by doing it manually inside the world editor, and using an MPQ editor to alter the wts file, both failed.

Please read the original post, but thank you for trying to help

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
Have you tried to import different fonts into the game? I don't know if it would work but you could try to find a russian font/russian letters and import them with a mpq editor.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
Have you tried to import different fonts into the game? I don't know if it would work but you could try to find a russian font/russian letters and import them with a mpq editor.

How exactly would I import a font into the game? Like a font as an "arial.ttf" type of font, or something else?

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
Get a russian version of warcraft 3 that is already installed in a folder (not to interfere with the real english warcraft). Use it to translate the map, but I think that it's impossible to use a program, because the translation will be too bad. There are no good translation programs atm and I don't think there will be any for the world editor.

The russian warcraft 3 folder with all the files could be found at some russian torrent tracker. I suggest using the newest Bit Comet :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.