Crashs when WE Saves.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Okay thanks for all your help guys.

I believe it was crashing the first time because I used Wait inside Pick Every Unit and crashing the second time because I had double stacked files. Ill just copy my new trigger over to the working map.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Everytime you modiffy a map with a mpq editor, make sure to Delete the (attributes) file !

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Arrgggghhhhh........ I found the problem. I was using too many characters in a Message from Unit trigger. I feel like owning someone.

Ohhh..... Thanks Vex I'll try that as soon as I get home.

Okay I know the problem is with one of these three triggers:
Code:
Merchant
    Events
        Unit - Villager (Male) 0115 <gen> Is selected
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All Players)
        Special Effect - Destroy SpecEffectForDelete
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All Players) from Villager (Male) 0115 <gen> named Merchant Arturas: Play No sound and display (((Ahhh..... + (Proper name of Hero)) + isn't it?) + I am Merchant Arturas. Recently packs of bandits have been attacking my caravans heading to the City of Clarv. I have been ordered to deliver an extremely valuable package and I wish to engage your services.  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in merchant <gen>) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (-6500.00, 900.00))
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All Players)
        Trigger - Turn on Bandit Attack <gen>
Code:
Bandit Attack
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters bandit point <gen>
    Conditions
        (Entering unit) Equal to Villager (Male) 0115 <gen>
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Its quite..
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: too quite...
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Look! Bandits! Defe...
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in bandits <gen> matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (-6500.00, 900.00))
        Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in bandits2 <gen> matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (-6500.00, 900.00))
        Unit - Order Rogue 0269 <gen> to Move To (Position of Assassin 0174 <gen>)
        Wait until ((Assassin 0273 <gen> is dead) Equal to True), checking every 0.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All Players) from Captain 0172 <gen> named Captain of the Merc...: Play No sound and display Sir, the bandit att....  Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Wait
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All Players) (Red) from Hero named (Proper name of Hero): Play No sound and display I saw a bandit runn....  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All Players) (Red) from Villager (Male) 0115 <gen> named Merchant Arturas: Play No sound and display Yes, of course. I t....  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
        Unit - Change ownership of Captain 0172 <gen> to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
        Unit - Change ownership of Swordsman 0113 <gen> to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of Villager (Male) 0115 <gen>) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Position of Fountain of Power 0203 <gen>)
Code:
Reward
    Events
        Unit - A unit comes within 512.00 of Villager (Male) 0115 <gen>
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Cask of Items) Equal to True
    Actions
        Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Cask of Items)
        Special Effect - Destroy SpecEffectForDelete
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All Players) from Villager (Male) 0115 <gen> named Merchant Arturas: Play No sound and display ((Proper name of Hero) + You found it! How can I ever repay you? I know, you can take a pick of an item from this barrel.).  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
        Unit - Change ownership of Captain 0172 <gen> to Player 2 (Blue) and Change color
        Unit - Change ownership of Swordsman 0113 <gen> to Player 2 (Blue) and Change color
        Unit - Hide Villager (Male) 0115 <gen>
        Unit - Add Sell Items to Villager (Male) 0115 <gen>
        Unit - Add Select Hero to Villager (Male) 0115 <gen>
        Neutral Building - Add Rod of Arcania to Villager (Male) 0115 <gen> with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1
        Neutral Building - Add Sobi Ring to Villager (Male) 0115 <gen> with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1
        Neutral Building - Add Warsong Axe to Villager (Male) 0115 <gen> with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1
        Wait until (((Hero has an item of type Rod of Arcania) Equal to True) or (((Hero has an item of type Sobi Ring) Equal to True) or ((Hero has an item of type Warsong Axe) Equal to True))), checking every 0.10 seconds
        Neutral Building - Remove Rod of Arcania from Villager (Male) 0115 <gen>
        Neutral Building - Remove Sobi Ring from Villager (Male) 0115 <gen>
        Neutral Building - Remove Warsong Axe from Villager (Male) 0115 <gen>
[/CODE]
I'll begin further testing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.