Weird Deer-Sex Statue Leaves Lasting Impression on College Campus

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
When a statue of two deer having sex in the missionary position graced the Herron School of Art's campus in Indianapolis in the summer of 2005, the public was a little distraught to say the least.

After all, the statue was originally placed in front of the campus where everyone -- including small children -- could easily gander at the bronze piece.

The sculpture, entitled "Trophy," was crafted by Wim Delvoye, a Belgian artist with a unique approach to art. Some of his other work includes live, tattooed pigs and X-rays of humans in sexual positions (a spooky take on Kama Sutra?).

"The ['Trophy'] piece was influenced by the writings of Charles Darwin and the idea that we are all ... the same," claims Delvoye. "I was reading somewhere that humans are the only animals doing the missionary position and I always doubt when I hear that humans are the only ones doing this or that."

Last edited:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Holy shit... that's weird. Pretty sure humans are the only ones that do a lot of positions, what the hell kind of inspiration is that?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> "the sexy statue"
picture-2.png

:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.