default skill that create lighning effect

takethat

Reaction score
Is there a default spell that will create a lightning effect between casting unit and casting target in which will not be interrupt by movement? For example spell like siphon mana, however siphon mana will be interrupt if the unit is moved via trigger.

I need this for a fps map, so “trigger – lightning effect” can not be use

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Finger of Death.

Even allows setting the duration of the lighting. Useful. If you want to remove the lightning effect before the duration, just remove the dummy caster, the lightning effect will get removed as well.

takethat

Reaction score
So if unitA cast finger of death on unitB, duration of spell is 300, the red zap with remain stick on both unit for 300 seconds even they move around unless any of the 2 unit being kill?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Yes. Try it first...

By the way, it's not 'Duration' per se. It's the 'Graphic Duration' that determines the duration of the lightning effect.

Edit:
Units get killed will still have the lightning effect on them. The caster must be removed from the game, to be able to completely remove the effect.

takethat

Reaction score
I cant on WE atm, but can this lightning effect from finger of death block by other unit?
Because of fps, players view the game horizontally instead of bird view, so if the lightning so happens behind another large unit, will it hide behind or still show out?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Lol. I'm not sure. You'll need to try it yourself.

If FoD gets blocked, others lightning effects will get blocked as well. It makes no difference right? Anyway, you'd have to try first when you can.

takethat

Reaction score
sad, lightning effect by trigger or by spell will be see even theres something between your camera and it. can not use this trick le....

anyway, thx for the help vypur85

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.