WIP Defense of the Ancients : Revival

decored

Reaction score
Since a lot of people had gotten into it why not create a brand new map. There is everything we need the jass/GUI programmers, terrainers, model makers. Why not make a map in the name of thehelper.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I have taken over this project, and I will do my best to equal CungPowCow's skill in GUI. I hope you have no problem with that.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
I have taken over this project, and I will do my best to equal CungPowCow's skill in GUI. I hope you have no problem with that.

Is this official? Also are you going to have an equal amount of time to work on the map?

CungPowCow

Cool Member
Reaction score
Is this official? Also are you going to have an equal amount of time to work on the map?
I will admit I have given the project over to FrozenShadow. Despite only being able to use GUI, I believe map development will go quicker than with me. I'm afraid I took on a job that was too much for me.

Now with 3k+ views, I'd rather pass it on to somebody else, so the project doesn't stop. :thup:

mapguy

Reaction score
spells in dota are poorly created in the first place (lol gamecache)

whats gamecache?

PLEASE! DONT REMAKE DOTA! PLEASE!
The map has lots of bugs, most of those bugs really ruins the game.

If you can manage to create a FREE OF BUGS
game, ok:thup:
I'll play your map instead of Dota if you fix all bugs.

here is a list of some bugs you can fix:
The bug that allows clinks to attack and still invisible.

the health bar on Lina's and Leshrak's AOE stun.

the spells that are supposed to be magical but are blocked by armor.

the spells that are supposed to be physical but are magical (shuriken toss)

that strange bug that makes batrider moves very close to the ground.

the bug of echo slam from the tauren chieftain (which sometimes detects and other times dont detect damage).

make better tooltips, that explains if damage is magical or physical.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
whats gamecache?

PLEASE! DONT REMAKE DOTA! PLEASE!
The map has lots of bugs, most of those bugs really ruins the game.

If you can manage to create a FREE OF BUGS
game, ok:thup:
I'll play your map instead of Dota if you fix all bugs.

here is a list of some bugs you can fix:

Game cache is something like hashtables, you can store information in a game cache (unit, real, etc.). But I believe game cache cannot reference to a handle (ex. unit handle, location handle, etc.), correct me if I'm wrong. And, game caches are much slower and inefficient than hashtables. Apparently, DoTA uses game cache. But can't blame them since the map's been around for ages.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score

I probably do not have as much GUI skill as CungPowCow, but I do have more time to work on it than him, good days grant me 5 hours a day to work on a map, bad days though sometimes could end up giving me from a maximum of an hour to work, to zero. Weekends though, on a good weekend, I can work for 10 hours. Bad weekends give me a maximum of an hour to work, to zero. But here is what I can assure you, I can work for at least an allotted of 10 hours a week on the map, at minimum, which would rarely happen.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Apparently, DoTA uses game cache.
It uses hashtable instead of gamecache now, because blizzard fixed the return bug.

HeX.16

Reaction score
I probably do not have as much GUI skill as CungPowCow, but I do have more time to work on it than him, good days grant me 5 hours a day to work on a map, bad days though sometimes could end up giving me from a maximum of an hour to work, to zero. Weekends though, on a good weekend, I can work for 10 hours. Bad weekends give me a maximum of an hour to work, to zero. But here is what I can assure you, I can work for at least an allotted of 10 hours a week on the map, at minimum, which would rarely happen.

Sounds like lots of time =/

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Okay, I have just started working on the map yesterday, so please don't expect a big changelog. Hope you guys are okay with me taking over this project, though if you think you can do better, I'll be glad to hand it over to you. I don't want to risk this map cause I think it has even a menial potential of becoming an adversary to the original DotA once it's completed.

HeX.16

Reaction score
If we notice something that can be done better we will flame you(joke :p), but then fix it :)

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Great, :D

So, Sunday, Philippines Time, I will release the new changelog, in a new download site, not epicwar. It will be revealed on sunday, :D

Anyone has anymore bugs to report? If none I will start working on heroes now.

thabomb94

Reaction score
:(

i guess you've got a bigger chance at beating me with this DotA template
so im just gonna help you
just found your thread and i was like holy shit im such a noob
here's my version of DotA Template, and i bearly got any far with it

and here's something that might help too:
Hero Invoker

The map is amazing!
but some things need to be perfected :p
see my map for tower locations and what not if you want
umm some heroes are like wtf xD
the first hero i picked (lich) was a bit oversized, weird extra abilities, and glowing hands that almost gave me seizures
not sure about the rest
but really great work,
compared to what i did, this is just great, can't wait to see it done and editable on WE xD

Attachments

• DotA Unfinished Template.w3x
    190.5 KB · Views: 321

SkateuUp

Reaction score
I think the idea is great . While i understand why Dota is protected, i would still love to be able to improve my maps by learning from it. I use GUI only as well, though i've attempted to learn JASS and failed. I can't wait to learn how to do some of those tricky abilities in GUI!

thabomb94

Reaction score
btw when your done, please post the map here first as reply, so we can check for bugs just to make sure of some small detals etc
and gd luck

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Uploaded the Latest Map.

Please close this thread.

New thread has been created, I really need the edit button.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the author himself can close his threads, ask cung to do it, less work for the moderators.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.