Desync on Attack

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Well, Im not entirely sure whats the problem since Im no expert on desyncs. But basically a desync is like a server split. (except on bot it d/cs the one player that desynced instead of multiple players at a time)

Now, everything is fine in the game. However, the moment this particular hero I chose attacks a unit, the bot displays "Desync Detected". It only happens with that particular hero.

Im curious why this happens and I really dont know whether its a trigger or whatever thats causing the desync.

Hence, can anyone tell me a list of things that could potentially cause a desync on unit attack? +rep!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
are you using any triggers which use GetLocalPlayer? if you do they are most probably the reason.

meOme

Reaction score
Are there any triggers that trigger on "unit attacks"/"unit is attacked"/"unit takes damage"?

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Of course. But there never was a problem before then.

Furthermore, there are loads of triggers like that in the map. A better way would be to list the things that causes desyncs wouldnt it? Just a suggestion.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Some bad values in object editor or gameplay constants also cause desyncs.

For example too many dices per slices with loads sides combined with very fast attack speed can cause desyncs.

edit.

The best way to avoid desyncs is to know what cause them and avoid doing that kind of things. If your map still hapens to get a desync thing, you need to start a big and long job to locate it.

You should probably disable all triggers and test if attacking still causes desync.

If it does, its not trigger related. Then you should investigate stuff like object editor data and gameplay constants.

If its trigger related, then you need to test again, by enabling one trigger at the time, untill you find the one behind the desync.

Then you can post it here and ask what exactly in this trigger causes desyncing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.