Disabling Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
As I know, is there no such way, but you can create some triggers which resets the players resources or kills his units if he tries to type a cheat code.

Killerphill

Reaction score
that doesnt work, because when a player types a cheatcode it comes up as "Cheat Enabled" instead of the actual text so the trigger doesnt recognize it.

igor1222

Reaction score
Code:
Cheats Disabled
    Events
        Map Initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
          Set cheatsEnabled = False

The Variable you need to make is like this:
Code:
Variable Name: cheatsEnabled
Variable Type: Bolean
Array: (No array)
Initial Value: True

Then it should not allow Cheats.

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing whosyourdaddy as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Pause all units

I'd do that...

igor1222

Reaction score
The command itself will just skip this trigger I believe =/
I think
"Unit - Kill Unit" would be better, if it works :b

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Once again, we must look to the fact that:

Cheating isn't Chatting

The game cannot detect cheats sent by the player. And adding a random boolean doesn't do you any good, either.

- Cheating obviously doesn't work in multiplayer.
- If there is only one player playing, I personally see no reason in trying to prevent them from cheating. Let them!

igor1222

Reaction score
cheatsEnabled is a Game Value.

Its like in LUA, for WoW when you wanna do something when a mob enters combat.
Then the default Value is:
mob_onCombat

Its a string in the Engine you try to recall I think.

But try to delete the "Map Initialization" and swap it out with a timer, which have lasted for like 5 seconds. When the timer is over then it should turn it on. Try it and tell me if it works. Else I am afraid that Ghan_04 is right.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> cheatsEnabled is a Game Value.

And so it may be.
However, as far as I am aware, there is no way to alter these using triggers.
And certainly the game doesn't see anything other than "udg_cheatsEnabled" for that variable....

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I agree with Ghan_04

Seriously, if someone is going to cheat, let them. The cheater will never have any fun.

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
How about a trigger that runs on freezing/killing a player who types "Cheat Enabled". Since that is the message that comes out when a cheat code is used

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
if goldcheating is your problem,

check something like an imcomerate and if it was too high last 1minute, stop the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.