[Discuss] SC2 Mini-Tournament Amendments Pre-#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I disagree. While I'm lazy with scouting, I don't believe that this should be implemented. Rushing will be more common and easier to perform.

rushing across a large map isn't exactly common or easy to perform.. but w/e like I said I don't care too much

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Scouting luck is part of the game. I don't think we should modify the maps in order to remove that.
Removing close-pos spawns isn't about that, but about weakening rushes on maps that have a very rought close-spawn.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Scouting luck is part of the game. I don't think we should modify the maps in order to remove that.
Removing close-pos spawns isn't about that, but about weakening rushes on maps that have a very rought close-spawn.

I approve this message.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Alright I think I do have a general idea what people want via Democracy. However do you guys have any preference with Delta Quadrant? I believe most people want to remove it but I might have gathered a wrongly done census.

Currently right now the approved map list is:
Xel'Naga Fortress (2)[SUP]3 Bases[/SUP]
MLG Xel'Naga Caverns (2)
MLG Metalopolis (4)
MLG Shattered Temple (4)
MLG Shakuras Plateau (4)
MLG Typhon Peaks (4)
MLG Testbug (2)[SUP]3 Bases[/SUP]
GSTL GSL Bel'Shir Beach (2)
GSTL GSL Crossfire (2)
GSTL GSL Crevasse (4)
GSTL GSL Tal'Daram Altar (4)
GSTL GSL Terminus RE (4)​

Also if you have any other changes/suggestions that you would like to have discuss, please post in in the next two days. I know many people who desire to start another Tournament. (Which I believe will be a 1v1 Melee Tournament at the moment)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
any way to create a poll where people can vote for multiple items?

Well yes, I can make a poll where you can vote for more than one thing and make it public so we know who is voting for what.
What would you desire to have a poll about?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
maps to be included in the tournament?

Alright, do you just want the proposed map pool up to be voted on or do you want to include more?
Though keep in mind with Maps, I require at least 10 maps at the end of the day for the Tournament. So it will probably be based on an approval system. Such as if so many people vote for a certain one it will be added.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I was thinking just put all the maps that were suggested, then take the top 10 voted or so maps, allow each person unlimited votes - but if you want the maps ASAP then go with what you have

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
I would suggest preliminary matches before the tournament starts. I don't mean that as in sorting out people no good but rather to see where somebody's skill is at to keep the matches as fair as possible.

Last tournament I was up against the winner of the first tournament and I was the first one out of both.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I would suggest preliminary matches before the tournament starts. I don't mean that as in sorting out people no good but rather to see where somebody's skill is at to keep the matches as fair as possible.

Last tournament I was up against the winner of the first tournament and I was the first one out of both.

if we do something like that then, we would end up with the strongest players defeating each other first, thus taking out the fun of the final match, I think random is the way to go, but then add a double elim or similar such that if you do get unlucky and face a strong player early on, you can keep playing (it's like a 2nd chance type thing)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry guys I was out of town yesturday (Thursday).

I was thinking just put all the maps that were suggested, then take the top 10 voted or so maps, allow each person unlimited votes - but if you want the maps ASAP then go with what you have

I think it might be better to have more than 10 maps. More diversity, and I think most people so far are pleased with our choices.
No idea on Delta Quadrant though still...

@Parliamentary Matches
I have to agree with Slapshot - I rather keep it Random so it doesn't lengthen the tournament.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I think that that sounds really good. I think it'd be a great idea to have trams tournaments :)

I'm writing this all on my phone so it'll be difficult and I may save the post when its not complete, but come back and finish it.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
So the last issue for you guys to really make a decision on is what kind of tournamnet will #3 be. Right now its between 1v1 and 2v2.

After that, I can get working on making the next Tournament. However don't feel rushed and if anyone wants to bring in another suggestion you are free too. Just make sure its an idea that would probably have some support behind it.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I would like to see proposed teams for a 2v2 tournament, since our 1v1 had a wide range of skill levels, a 2v2 might just make it even more unbalanced

I should also mention that I likely won't be participating in the next tournament, as I will be on a 2-month vacation, and gaming on a laptop sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.