DotA invulnerable structure trigger?

Brian12693

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to create the structure invulnerability that towers have? I mean the trigger that you can't kill the 2nd tower unless you destroy the 1st tower in order to make the 2nd tower vulnerable to attacks and so on and so forth. Thank you! ;)

Molehole

Reaction score
There is a command in triggers (Action->Unit->Make vulnerable/invulnerable)

Basically you just have to make 2 triggers that:

Event:
Map intialization
Action:
Make "Structure 2" invulnerable

and

Event:
"Structure 1" dies
Action:
Make "Structure 2" vulnerable

You could also just add the invulnerable ability to a custom structure if that's what in your mind. But if you don't want to use custom units, this is how you do it.

KingJohn

Reaction score
Trigger:
Action
Unit - Make Unit Invulnerable

I think, you're new to triggering? If you want to do the same thing as in DotA, removing invulnerability from a unit if a special tower is destroyed, or something, just ask for it, it's really simple.

Brian12693

Reaction score
Yes, I am new to triggering. I started mapping a few days ago only :( any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Molehole

Reaction score
Ok. I can explain it to you by hand. Triggers are much easier to learn than they seem by first look :)

- Click F4 to open trigger editor.

- Now click ctrl+t or "create a new trigger"

- Now you see there are events, conditions and actions

- Events are what launch the trigger, then it checks conditions and if conditions are true the trigger does the actions. There are many good guides on triggers at world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net You might want to check that out.

- Now create the buildings you want from units (shortcut is letter "U")

- Create "new event"

- The event should be automatically "map intialization". Click just ok.

- Now add "Action" (you can use the search function there). "Unit - make invulnerable/vulnerable"

- Click the "Unit"-text and choose "select unit" then click the building you want invulnerable in your map. And you want it "invulnerable"

- Now create another trigger

- Add a new event: Specific unit event

- Click the "Unit" and choose "select unit" then click your first building in your map. Dies should be there already.

- Now add "Action" (you can use the search function there). "Unit - make invulnerable/vulnerable"

- Again do as in first trigger by choosing the now invulnerable building. Also choose "make vulnerable"

- Now you can test this ingame!

Brian12693

Reaction score
There is a command in triggers (Action->Unit->Make vulnerable/invulnerable)

Basically you just have to make 2 triggers that:

Event:
Map intialization
Action:
Make "Structure 2" invulnerable

and

Event:
"Structure 1" dies
Action:
Make "Structure 2" vulnerable

You could also just add the invulnerable ability to a custom structure if that's what in your mind. But if you don't want to use custom units, this is how you do it.
Thank you mate! Appreciate the help!:)

Brian12693

Reaction score
Ok. I can explain it to you by hand. Triggers are much easier to learn than they seem by first look :)

- Click F4 to open trigger editor.

- Now click ctrl+t or "create a new trigger"

- Now you see there are events, conditions and actions

- Events are what launch the trigger, then it checks conditions and if conditions are true the trigger does the actions. There are many good guides on triggers at world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net You might want to check that out.

- Now create the buildings you want from units (shortcut is letter "U")

- Create "new event"

- The event should be automatically "map intialization". Click just ok.

- Click the "Unit"-text and choose "select unit" then click the building you want invulnerable in your map. And you want it "invulnerable"

- Now create another trigger

- Add a new event: Specific unit event

- Click the "Unit" and choose "select unit" then click your first building in your map. Dies should be there already.

- Again do as in first trigger by choosing the now invulnerable building. Also choose "make vulnerable"

- Now you can test this ingame!

Wow, thanks a lot. I am going to favorite this just to come back to it whenever I get lost. Thanks you for the help! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.