Dota Nerubian Weaver's Ultimate

soulreaping

Reaction score
Hi,
I wanted to ask, if anyone knows, how did dota creators coded Weaver's ultimate?

I believe the game isn't recording every 5 seconds the current state of Weaver.

Thanks for anyone who knows.

Reaction score
I suppose that it is doing as you said it is not doing.

You could do it otherway around, if we just could get into the past..

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Lol, I think what uberplayer means is that you need to explain more (a lot more) since not everyone here plays dota and memorizes all the abilities. And we have no idea what you are talking about...

What does it do? Exactly?

Reaction score
Actually I know what it does. I have played dota, alot.

Code:
Time Lapse
Warps time back on itself, transporting the Weaver 5 seconds into the past.

As for an example, you could take a picture of yourself at 5:00am. At 5:05am you think that it would be cool to get back to your location in the picture. Well.. We can't travel in to the past.. So we have to look from the picture..

That's how a point variable would work ^^

esb

Reaction score
Oh,... I guess i'm the only one that doesn't play dota :p

But in that case, it probably does record the weaver's position every 5 seconds.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
okay, im actually not a dota player too, but i think i know how it works.
It safes every value (life, mana, gold, etc) in a variable with arrays every 0.01/2/3/4/5 seconds and if casting you get the older array and set the values (life, mana, gold, etc) to the value you ahve saved.

esb

Reaction score
But I thought it only moved the weaver's position back a bit.

Off topic: W00t!! 1000th post :D

RedRage

Reaction score
Everyone 5 seconds it stores the weavers old postion and hp, mana, ect in variable then retrieves it when spell is activated. Or something like that

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
omg. if it would safe the values just every 5 seconds and you cast it 1 second after the safing you would just get back one second. wich would be obviusly wrong...

Reaction score
Just noticed that it has to take the location and other values every 0.01 seconds or less.. Otherwise.. It would be useless spell.

Think of this. The trigger stores the values, but after 1 second you cast the spell.. You would get only 1 second past..

RedRage

Reaction score
omg. if it would safe the values just every 5 seconds and you cast it 1 second after the safing you would just get back one second. wich would be obviusly wrong...
Actually that would be true, if i spent more time then 1 min thinking about it i could make it work.. Btw at least attempt grammar?

esb

Reaction score
Well, you could set it every second, then find the last 5 seconds. Which would require about as many seconds as there are in an hour or however long the map lasts

A

AK-47Pirates

If i had to guess, it saves his location every .01 seconds to a variable, and removes all stored variables more than 5.01 seconds old (so as not to take up ridiculous amounts of space) and then have it replace Anub'seran with another one exactly .500 variables in the past.

(If that makes any sense.)

I have actually wondered this spell myself. (I'm a huge DotA fan)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.