Easiest Type

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Hi, i wonder, what is the easiest type of map you can create? Like a TD, or a Are you a Retard?, an ORPG or something?:confused:

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
1. Easiest - small arena where all people have the same or different heroes with 10-15 simple items.
2. Easiest - Hero defence/siege, defend the tree from the countless evil beings
3. Easiest - Tower defence

Edit: An ORPG is not easy to make at all, but a RPG is simpler.

avalya

Reaction score
Why do you want to know the easiest map to make? Challenge is fun, no?

Just do what you like, for me, at the moment is an instance map, but I guess it's just up to you.

Finestdeath

Reaction score
What do you mean by easiest? Not so much triggering required? Not so much effort/work needed? To me, RPGs and ORPGs are definitely time consuming and requires loads of triggering. TDs and team survivals are fine. AoS maps can be easy though if you plan to make it big, it will definitely need alot of triggering and work for the heroes, terrain and items.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
a plain grass field without anything else...

but that wouldnt make much fun i guess.

how about making a map which is fun instead of easy?
if its just easy to make everyone else could do as well.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
making a Maze map is proabaly the simpilest with triggers sence all it is: Unit enters region (blah) then kill entering unit just theres alot of them. and the only other triggers are "make (unit) patrol to (region) and if (player controled unit) comes withen 50 of (unit owned by player 12) then kill triggering unit.

so mazes would be the simplist but they take time to make the triggers and its very repitive

Murre

Reaction score
I suggest you should do something that requires pretty much triggering, that's how you learn. :p I started like just a month ago with triggering, and I'm ok with it already. ^^

jarg1985

Reaction score
Try editing a simple map such as a Capture the falg or soemthing, then go onto TD's and Mauls, Then advance to arenas, RPGs, then advanced stuff.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Look at this

I've started with a map there it comes 30 Undeads with 49 dmg to the middle(its llike an arena but you are fighting against the Undeads not Players). So look at this trigger. And dont blame me because i havent creating Triggers!

Trigger:
  • Unit - Create 5 Undead for Player 12 (brown) at (Center of Bottom Spawn <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees.
    • Unit- Set Rally-Point for (Last Created unit) to (Center of InCOMING <gen>)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I ment with Triggers! xD

Modified Melee? Everything is done with the object editor except a few triggers here and there for some special stuff (such as a custom ability, creating the spawn units, etc)

TD's take quite a bit of triggering, and require you to know at least a little bit of what you're doing.

AoS is relatively simple, as it only requires you to consistently spawn units on one side and send them to the other side.

To be honest, going with the 'easiest' map to make is probably a bad idea. I started out with a cool idea and did the best I could to finish it. It didn't get released or finished, but I still had fun making it and playing it, because I liked the concepts.

Just start with a concept and learn what you need to know to implement it. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.