Environment Electronic smog 'is disrupting nature on a massive scale'

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
New study blames mobile phone masts and power lines for collapse of bee colonies and decline in sparrows

Mobile phones, Wi-Fi systems, electric power lines and similar sources of "electrosmog" are disrupting nature on a massive scale, causing birds and bees to lose their bearings, fail to reproduce and die, a conference will be told this week.

Dr Ulrich Warnke – who has been researching the effects of man-made electrical fields on wildlife for more than 30 years – will tell the conference, organised by the Radiation Research Trust at the Royal Society in London, that "an unprecedented dense mesh of artificial magnetic, electrical and electromagnetic fields" has been generated, overwhelming the "natural system of information" on which the species rely.

He believes this could be responsible for the disappearance of bees in Europe and the US in what is known as colony collapse disorder, for the decline of the house sparrow, whose numbers have fallen by half in Britain over the past 30 years, and that it could also interfere with bird migration.

Last edited:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This was on BBC news too :p

I personally think that the effect is exaggerated. Although I did hear something about Bees being weird because of Telephones.

I also heard wireless routers cause cancer or something. :p

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Weren't wind turbines killing bats a while ago?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.