Element Tower Defense

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I don't know if any of you know/plays element tower defense
I got a few questions about it, if you like to anwser them, I really apreciate

1. In the end wave the fruit appears, but it has over 100.000 hitpoints, how?

2. There is a tower which can be programmed to fire weakest, strongest or farest creeps, how create this option?

3. Sometimes I see towers which shows '3,5 damage'. Why does units taking FOUR damage from these?

4. If 4 players chosing 'very hard' and the other 4 players chosing 'very easy', it will be normal difficoulty, how to create this?

MissKerrigan

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
This can be done with a buff type behavior and in Behavior - Modification under the Unit tab set the Vital Max Bonus to 150,000 this should give a unit which already have 100,000 hp 250,000 hp.

I'm not entirely sure how, but I asume that you will have a number for each option, eg you have Easy = 1, Medium = 2 and Hard = 3. And then every time a person votes, the amount is plussed together, so if two people votes hard, and two votes medium that would make it look like this:
3+3+2+2 = 10, now we devide by the amount of people who have voted (4) to find the average;
10/4 = 2.5

Now we have to decide what the score means;
the most obvious would be to make easy = 1-2, medium = 2-3 and hard 3

Now you will need an if/then/else that checks if the number is both higher than, or equal to 2, and lower than and not equal to 3.

So the final result, in this example, would be medium.

NOTE: This method will work, I'm just not sure that it is the one used in Elemental TD.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
well I was already thinking something like that

votes

- very easy = 1
- easy = 2
- normal = 3
- hard = 4
- very hard = 5
- insane = 7

niveau

- number between 8 and 16 = 10% enemy shield
- number between 16 and 20 = 20% enemy shield
- number between 20 and 28 = 30% enemy shield
- number between 28 and 32 = 40% enemy shield
- number between 32 and 40 = 50% enemy shield
- number between 40 or higher = 75% enemy shield

Ok, let's say that 4 players choose easy and 4 players choose normal
The number will be 20 now

1. how do I make the trigger in start? is there any trigger-event that says ' number of integer = 20?

2. what if only 4 players are in the game and choose insane? will the number be 28 now?

3. how to create a dropbox in start which shows the 6 options?

I want create the dropbox just like you see when you pressing the menu
Is this hard to create? or should it just be a few things?

I tried to use a trigger 'create dialog' but NOTHING appear in the game

X-maul

Reaction score
The number will never be over 7 in this example.

When you devide the combined result with the amount of players voting, you will get the average, which CANT be over 7.

So the score would be more like this:
Very Easy = 1-2
Easy = 2-3
Normal = 3-4
Hard = 4-5
Very Hard = 5-6
Insane = 6

(I set Insane to only 6, if it was 7, it would weight too heavy, so it would count more if you voted insane than voting easy)

I made an example map here;
Download

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
omg are you joking?

I mean that everytime a player votes it ADDS the number to the integer
So you're wrong about the number can't be greater than 7
If there is only ONE player, then the integer can't be greater than 7 that's right

If 4 player chosing easy and 4 players chosing normal then the integer will be 20
Ofcourse the integer starts with the amount of 0

(2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 20)

So my problem is that if there are 3 players in the game and voting for insane, the integer is 21, then the enemies getting 30% shield while it has to be 75%
I need to make a trigger anyway that checks the number and makes the right triggers which contains the right niveau

I'm sorry if I made you angry or something but you know I don't mean it like that, it's just my english can't find better words

X-maul

Reaction score
Misskerrigan...
You need the AVERAGE of the voted number. Did you even see the map I attached?
to get the average, you devide the total with the amount of player. If you did not get the average, if you played single player, you would not be able to get more than a total amount of 7 (or 14 if you were 2).

You havent studied math havent you?

MerrillPhish

Reaction score
I admire that you ask a lot of questions but you need to use your head sometimes.
And it is quite clever to use a female sn and pic to get your questions answered.

After you have the vote sum.
Divide the vote sum by total number of votes cast.
This will return a number between 1-6.
You can determine total number of votes cast by creating a counter variable or something.

Now to determine the difficulty use an if statement.

Using an average will solve your problem no matter how many people voted.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I think I get it

3 players in game:

player 1 votes normal (3)
player 2 votes easy (2)
player 3 votes also normal (3)

now the number get's 2.66? is that ok?

to be clear:

+ means add
- means subtract

does : means divide?

(never heard of divide in english)

o btw! I forgot something: in element defense, weapon speed 1.0 = 1 real second, how they do this? I guess it's in some UI data somewhere?

X-maul

Reaction score
to be clear:

+ means add
- means subtract

does : means divide?

(never heard of divide in english)

o btw! I forgot something: in element defense, weapon speed 1.0 = 1 real second, how they do this? I guess it's in some UI data somewhere?
DID YOU OPEN THE MAP I ATTACHED?

Devide means to split it
so if you devide 10 with 2 it would look like this:
10/2 = 5.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
sorry but I can't download your DOWNLOAD thing

it asks me to install a program, my sister said I must not do this, could be any virus

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.