Failed to Connect to the Server

U

Unregistered

Every time I try to join a multiplayer game i get the message "Failed to Connect to the Server." I have an active internet connection and my firewall is disable when i try to connect. Any ideas?

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
From EA:

"We've seen this mostly with cable modems, but it applies to all types of connections. Most dedicated Connections have a firewall, a lot of the time without the user even knowing this. You'll want to talk with your ISP to disable this or find a work-around.

If you know you have a firewall, and know how to administer it, here are the ports you'll need to allow:

Allow UDP Port 14567
Allow UDP 22000 (This is only for LAN games, and used by computers on the same network)
Allow UDP range 23000-23009
# GameSpy Master Server UDP Heartbeat:
Allow UDP Port 27900
# GameSpy Master Server List Request:
Allow TCP Port 28900

In addition you may need to open the ports listed in the "Working Around the Firewall / Proxy" section of the GameSpy page: http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/firewalls.shtml."

Also, make sure to close any unneeded tasks, processes, and programs that you may have running in the background, and make sure that your in-game connection setting corresponds to your actual connection (i.e. set at ADSL if you have DSL or cable).

U

Unregistered

Thank You, you know this should be in readme file at least, not as an answer to a post in a forum.

Eru

U

Unregistered

I opened the ports and still the same problem, there have to be some additional ports..

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Are any of you behind a router? If so, have you tried assigning your computer's local IP as the DMZ host when playing Battlefield?

U

Unregistered

i know this is a newbie question, but how to allow port?

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Originally posted by Unregistered
i know this is a newbie question, but how to allow port?

You only have to worry about this if you're behind a firewall. If so, you have to specify what kind.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.