Favorite Genre?

What is your favorite Genre?

• Total voters

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Who says rap doesn't has a lot of sub-genres? :rolleyes: If you don't manage to differentiate them and see the music in it then shut up. Honestly, I, a guy that listens to very little rock, would make no difference between a lot of rock genres, because they would sound alike to me. I admit that, since I don't listen to rock. If you don't listen to rap, then why talk shit?

This "shit" that I spoke of is nothing but the truth. Rap is defined as talking, be that rhytmical or not but it's still talking. The difference between your arguments and my arguments are that even if rap did have a lot of sub-genres, they would all still be talking, else they wouldn't belong to the main-ganre rap. While the definition of metal does not state that it had to be yelling and growling, the rap definition clearly states that is is rhytmically spoken. Hence this makes rap talking, and going on about "rap is no talk!?!11 fu rock n00b" clearly proves that you do not have a clue what you're acually listening too.

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
I did not say it's not talking. It is, but I really want to see a rocker singing rap for a few years and then I'll compare him with a native rapper. I bet the rapper would still be better, My point was towards this statement: "rap doesn't require talent". Sure, you go ahead and sing rap and we'll see if you have as much fans as a respected rapper. Have you ever listened to 2Pac? And you tell me that's not talent?

Goblinman007

Reaction score
Have you ever listened to 2Pac? And you tell me that's not talent?
I think the talent isn´t in the singing/talking. The real talent is in the lyrics. I know some rappers that make up lyrics just like that. And good ones too.I'm not saying I don´t think it´s wasted talent, but if it really entertains a great mass of rappers, it's a talent ;D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.