Fixed teams and team colours

Darius34

Reaction score
Finally, I got down to making my map into a multiplayer one and I got stuck.

Here's my problem. When editing forces, I added a total of 10 players into 2 forces, meaning 5 to each. I checked the 'fixed teams' checkboxes for every one. When I started the map over a LAN connection with a friend, the teams weren't fixed. By this, I mean that both of us were forced into a specific team colour.

Example: say a player started the map in single-player mode. A non-fixed-team-map would force him to be Player 1 (Red), a fixed-team-map would allow him to pick any colour he wanted.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
huh? You want to the players to pick the colors, before game start? just when the game is up, ppl can join, and then yes, pick colors?
Uncheck the "fixed player settings" in scenario properties...

I mean that both of us were forced into a specific team colour.
What? Both of you = red? Then you have ehm, "toggled" the colors wrong INgame...DOnt remember the button, alt +shift is the hotkey i think.. or alt+tab? tab+ shift? hmm. :p
Cheerio

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Doesnt FIXED TEAMS mean that the teams are already selected for you? So just unchecked fixed teams

TheCrystal

Reaction score
The second tab where the forces and stuff, and Fixed Setting should make it so the colors STAY the same, and the colors/race cannot be changed. If two of you are red, its either unit based color (Art - ) or a trigger.

Darius34

Reaction score
huh? You want to the players to pick the colors, before game start? just when the game is up, ppl can join, and then yes, pick colors?
Uncheck the "fixed player settings" in scenario properties...

What? Both of you = red? Then you have ehm, "toggled" the colors wrong INgame...DOnt remember the button, alt +shift is the hotkey i think.. or alt+tab? tab+ shift? hmm. :p
Cheerio
The second tab where the forces and stuff, and Fixed Setting should make it so the colors STAY the same, and the colors/race cannot be changed. If two of you are red, its either unit based color (Art - ) or a trigger.
No, I don't want them to be able to pick colours. In a sense, if they want a specific colour, they have to go into that specific slot. The fixed team checkboxes are checked, but the teams still aren't 'fixed', if you know what I mean.

And no, I didn't say that both of us were red. :p I meant that no matter where my friend went, even into the other of the two forces, he was considered my ally.

Doesnt FIXED TEAMS mean that the teams are already selected for you? So just unchecked fixed teams
I am trying to do the opposite, but the checkboxes I saw didn't seem to serve that purpose.

F

FlameSnowman

If you mean the color and race are locked to one slot only then "fixed player settings" should work , then if your want to change colors just move down a slot

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.