WIP Footman Wars [BETA]

tachiKC

Reaction score
FOOTMAN WARS [BETA]
20663330nb6.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hopefully I went about making this post ok. I apologize if I did it wrong. I posted a few questions on this map in the main WE Help Forums, but here is the actual project topic.

Anyways, this is a footies map that I worked on for a lot last year. I stopped working on it last month, but now want to get back into it.

If you dont know what a footmen type map is, there are 4 sides with 3 players each. Each has a base that spawns units depending on how far they have upgraded, and which race they are. Heroes and creeps come into play as well. When a players base is destroyed, they are defeated. The goal is to destroy all of the other players bases.

Anyways, here are some of its features.

1. 25+ custom* heroes, with many more on the way
2. 4 unique races, human, undead, night elf, orc, each with their own strengths and weaknesses
3. A wide array of items and recipes
4. A creep shop (which I still need to update and balance lol)

*You will see a lot of ladder abilities, but this is because I was still learning as I was making this. Towards the end I was beginning to put in custom spells but stopped before I got to add many. I tried not to use any spells that were made by other people, but if you see yours in there please tell me so I can give you credit, as I did not write down whos I used.

Basically, I need testers and people to tell me how I can make this map better.

To see the thread with my questions pertaining to this map, please go HERE

Forsakener

Reaction score
FOOTMAN WARS [BETA]
20663330nb6.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE

I posted a few questions on this map in the main WE Help Forums, but here is the actual project topic.

Anyways, this is a footies map that I worked on for a lot last year. I stopped working on it last month, but now want to get back into it.

If you dont know what a footmen type map is, there are 4 sides with 3 players each. Each has a base that spawns units depending on how far they have upgraded, and which race they are. Heroes and creeps come into play as well. When a players base is destroyed, they are defeated. The goal is to destroy all of the other players bases.

Anyways, here are some of its features.

1. 25+ custom* heroes, with many more on the way
2. 4 unique races, human, undead, night elf, orc, each with their own strengths and weaknesses
3. A wide array of items and recipes
4. A creep shop (which I still need to update and balance lol)

*You will see a lot of ladder abilities, but this is because I was still learning as I was making this. Towards the end I was beginning to put in custom spells but stopped before that got to add many. I tried not to use any spells that were made by other people, but if you see yours in there please tell me so I can give you credit, as I did not write down whos I used.

Basically, I need testers and people to tell me how I can make this map better.

I could help but not often... What you should really make this map is make it a REAL footies map.. Not that the whole game is fought with heros.. I hate that about most footy maps.. You should have no toming but the heros can go to high levels.... and the spells have many levels... And also try to have many unit upgrades and make them kinda hard to get... Well Pm if you want me to help...

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Nice, but it looks like an absolute clone, even the terrain and positioning of buildings, of Footman Frenzy. Unless there are triggerred spells or something it doesn't seem much different.

tachiKC

Reaction score
This map was a learning process for me. I learned about WE through making this map. At first it was just a pet project, one for me to learn off of, but I kept working on it and now its come to this.

The whole point of this map is to be similar to other footies maps. I didnt want to change how the game was played, which is why its very similar, but instead merely make the map in my own view, as well as more balanced then most of the other footies maps out there (I dont like the way Nohunters went with their versions, although I still think that they have a great map).

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool. lol, the point of recreating footies is to make it like other footies. ;)

I'll try it out if I have time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.