Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Do you guys still have a pre 1.24 patch version? I can't run 1.24 and I don't want to use 1.24 (For the obvious reasons of what it might do to my maps)

the_eden

Reaction score
codes from the 17-09-09 ver. I loaded then nothing happened, i loaded in a rmk and a char lvl 20 (i'm 15) with 200 dmg appeared in the water in the middle of the map^^
I'm playing the 22-09-09 ver atm and sometimes when i revive i'm in the middle of the map and i'm stuck so i have to repick.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Okay, so I've played the map, and the terraining was awesome. Though I played for just a short time since the game was too difficult, creeps pawn, and it makes me camp just resting and going back and so on. The leveling was quite slow, it took me forever before reaching level 2. I guess a little more addition to the helath points would do. Map worked in 1.24b Good News!

BTW, I looked into the whole map and it really seemed liked it is still in Alpha, though this has a lot of potential :D

Nerzhul

Reaction score
Do you guys still have a pre 1.24 patch version? I can't run 1.24 and I don't want to use 1.24 (For the obvious reasons of what it might do to my maps)

sry you must update because other will ne unable to play yours throught :( but look at googletfor warcraft version switcher if you don't want to have your map not working ^^

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
you still looking for helpers?

Depends on what your skills are.

Okay, so I've played the map, and the terraining was awesome. Though I played for just a short time since the game was too difficult, creeps pawn, and it makes me camp just resting and going back and so on. The leveling was quite slow, it took me forever before reaching level 2. I guess a little more addition to the helath points would do. Map worked in 1.24b Good News!

BTW, I looked into the whole map and it really seemed liked it is still in Alpha, though this has a lot of potential :D
I don't know how often I have to say it, but it is NOT a singleplayer map!

codes from the 17-09-09 ver. I loaded then nothing happened, i loaded in a rmk and a char lvl 20 (i'm 15) with 200 dmg appeared in the water in the middle of the map^^
I'm playing the 22-09-09 ver atm and sometimes when i revive i'm in the middle of the map and i'm stuck so i have to repick.
As I said ... only codes of the actual version are compatible. If you really had a successful(?) loading on an older character, this was completely by chance and a lot of luck.

I will release a new version today with some more bugfixes concerning attachment system and (hopefully) a perfectly working respawn system.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Update!

New features:
- animated cloaks for all armors; animated capes with shoulders for caster classes
- New host command: -PCT toggles personal combat text to global or player-only setting
- Frost Cage now has it's duration depending on the enemy's water resistance
- Dispel magic now can dispel Frost Cage
- fixed a bug where the custom stats of enemy units did not work ... (and hopefully this makes later encounters a little bit harder)

EcHo_Tempest

Reaction score
Hi i had a look at this map and i gota say its very well made :D just wondering if you guys could post where you got some of your resources and stuff like the walls for your houses.

thanks in advance :)

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
New version 30-09-09!

New features:
- town portal scrolls
- new hero class: Ranger
- the mana cost of spells is now removed once the spell finishs instead of at the beginning of the cast
- fixed a bug with spellbooks closing themselves once buffs were fading from units
- new items for the ranger class

Save codes from version 23-09-09 or higher should be compatible.

the_eden

Reaction score
tested it. Ranger class is very nice, well made as always^^
i saw the brigde :) i hope that we'll be able to cross it soon;)
gratz

soul_reaper

Reaction score
I think this game needs some improvements :)
It's well-made but...First, I need 250 gold to have a new ability and the creeps give 1 gold :eek: even quests don't give too much compared to those price.Second, I know it's a team game but having a squire with 200 hp and dungeons creeps with 600 it's exaggerated

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
I think this game needs some improvements :)
It's well-made but...First, I need 250 gold to have a new ability and the creeps give 1 gold :eek: even quests don't give too much compared to those price.Second, I know it's a team game but having a squire with 200 hp and dungeons creeps with 600 it's exaggerated
250 gold is fine, if you ask me. It's not intended that you can buy all spells instantly. Later creeps give more than 1 gold, as you might have expected... Besides, I want gold to be useful ... not like in other RPGs where the only purpose of gold is to increase the digit number of Loading codes ...

And I don't think 600 HP is exaggerated ... a group of 3 or 4 people takes them down very fast. The dungeons or world bosses are not meant to be killed with smaller groups.

Reconcile

Reaction score
I must say that this is one of the finest RPG's I have played (Considering what a small fragment of it is done thus far). The game offers a need for teamwork, and if you don't have enough people (4+), actually requires some skill; a nice change for RPG's these days (Obviously some exceptions apply)! I am personally very excited to see how the rest of the RPG progresses, and to explore the 2nd tier, and beyond, if they do go beyond that, classes.

A job well done Zweibelchen, props!

*EDIT*
Please don't do a code wipe.. I have a level 17 of all classes :p

soul_reaper

Reaction score
No!
Quest,units,areas...Will change nothing to the codes.
But if he change something in the hero...then the codes are changed :D

Reconcile

Reaction score
Dangit! Well, goes to show how much I know about map making / editing! Ah well, at least I know what to do and where to get the best gear for when I re-level all of them :\!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.