Glow

wingdnosring

Reaction score
Not unless you want to actually edit the model. If it's a hero model file then just switch "Art - Team Color" to blue. You could also use triggers to change the vertex coloring of the unit...this would make it blue, but not glow. Or you could just change the model's tint.

Making something glow red is much easier. Does it have to be blue?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
if its a normal unit then you can attach a glow model...search the forums in order to find it ;)

Oreo_clan

Reaction score
Wth are you talking about noob... It's equally easy to make it's tint blue as it is red... The values are (red, green, blue). Maximum value of 255. Then again we know how to break that maximum. So, default maximum of 255.

But you don't have to edit models to give them a hero glow effect...

I have a Spellbreaker Hero Unit with a hero glow...

If I can just find the bloody thing...

Heres 1... Now if I can find Vexorian's... I know there are like 2-3 more... I Found like 3 when someone posted it on www.dbz-tribute.com...
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=245&sid=654c90082632ea24b533aa2624cd4d0a

Well I can't find the rest... They probably closed it or something... So you can't download it anymore...

But of course you can get WEU. (World Editor Unlimited.) It has it already... Along with some other models you can't normally access in the regular WE. But I could't get it to work for me...

I'll try attaching the models I use. They are very good. The link above has to be redone for each color... And the one I have is a total of 4 kb, and they change colors automatically.

The attachments are as they are... HeroGlow_Chest.mdx and HeroGlow_Origin.mdx. Attach them to a unit using a dummy spell to create the glow effect.

If the attachments below don't work... Don't know what to say...

Attachments

• HeroGlow_Chest.mdx
    2 KB · Views: 144
  • HeroGlow_Origin.mdx
    2.5 KB · Views: 161

wingdnosring

Reaction score
Well, first time I've been called a noob on this site :p. I didn't say it was easier to tint red than blue. I said it was easier to make a red or blue GLOW. Quite different from just changing the model tinting. For a red glow he could just add the bloodlust glow to the unit's body parts. I don't know of a blue glow in a spell offhand that is transparent enough to still see the unit. I did not have attachable hero glows on hand so I didn't suggest it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.